PDA

View Full Version : New member with a few questions about detailing a new car

bill60
06-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Hi, I joined this forum after buying a new 2008 mazda mx-5 grand touring with softtop and leather interior. The car is about 10 days old and I would like to protect and enhance it's appearance from the beginning. I had a few questions that I could use some guidance on.
1) the owner's manual does not suggest using any treatment on the convertible top. It does say you should not either. Mazda is just suggesting periodic washing. I have washed the car once and the water does not bead on the top at all. I have ordered the 303 products for cloth top. Any comments on the safety of using these products on the top?
2) given how new the car is, should I be concerned about paint sealing or waxing? I was planning to wash, clay, Klasse all-in-one polish, klash high gloss, and then use pinnacle souveran liquid spray. Does this sound like I am doing this too early? too much?
3) Am i reading the description of the Klasse all-in-one polish correctly that I could use it on the paint, windows, and wheels? Is this a good idea or should I stick to the paint with this product?

I am new to all of this so no doubt I do not understand all of this correctly. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

ScottB
06-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Your finish is cured and ready to see a proper detailing regimine. Wash -- clay --- polish --- protect

1. Ragtopp for your roof, trust me

2. I would add a light paint polish as needed after claying. Klasse SG is a pain to remove, search the forum and remember a small spray bottle and WOWO method works best.

3. You can use AIO everywhere, just remember if using to seal the bathroom shower tile dont use on the floor. (OUCH)

Jimmie
06-20-2008, 01:29 AM
Your finish is cured and ready to see a proper detailing regimine. Wash -- clay --- polish --- protect

1. Ragtopp for your roof, trust me

2. I would add a light paint polish as needed after claying. Klasse SG is a pain to remove, search the forum and remember a small spray bottle and WOWO method works best.

3. You can use AIO everywhere, just remember if using to seal the bathroom shower tile dont use on the floor. (OUCH)

:iagree::whs: and

:welcome:

Roll & Shine Valet
06-20-2008, 03:23 AM
ad a paint and leather and maybe a fabric protention for carpets and mats