PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who are interested....

Pages : [1] 2

FloridaNative
07-27-2006, 06:16 PM
in my hood experiment with the Souveran paste, Natty's Blue, Max Wax and Sig II let me know what you would like to see best. I am going to be polishing beforehand so I can either slap the waxes right on afterwards if you just want to see the effects of the wax on the paint, OR I could put a sealant on first and then top with the waxes if you want to see the effect of the waxes on the sealants. I have DP sealant, WG sealant, UPP, FMJ, werkstatt and EX-P. Ya'll can let me know what you would most like to see and I'll go with the majority on the responses I get. I'll take pics, just be forewarned that I suck at taking pics and I have a 35mm to boot! So don't get your hopes up too high on the pics. But hopefully you'll be able to see something and I will give as detailed a write up as I can.

My car is a medium blue metallic so I'll also be able to report on how the products effect metallic flakes.

So let me know what ya'll want to see. Okay.

abrcrombe
07-27-2006, 06:46 PM
sealant first!! :Picture:

emaxxman
07-27-2006, 06:47 PM
I agree...sealant first...especially Poorboys EX-P as that is what I plan on buying.

FloridaNative
07-27-2006, 06:48 PM
Okay but which sealant would you like to see, Abercrombe? The list is in my first post

dakevmann
07-27-2006, 06:55 PM
My vote is for WG sealant then the four sections of the different waxes.

abrcrombe
07-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Okay but which sealant would you like to see, Abercrombe? The list is in my first post

WG FTW!! Seems to be the one everyone loves. Never tried it. Will buy soon. sucks that the sale went away.

FloridaNative
07-27-2006, 07:36 PM
I will go with the marjority but I'm going to give it a few days to let people who are intersted respond. So please be honest about what YOU want to see. If you want WG fine, but if you want something else don't be shy! BTW what do you mean by FTW??? I wonder if it's what I think it is. :)

Oh BTW again, if you want I can send you a sample of WG, just PM me your name and address and I'll hook you up. :)

mixxer
07-27-2006, 07:36 PM
id like to see the UPP

ScottB
07-27-2006, 08:04 PM
using any sealant under the carnauba will muddy the result of the intial test, at least as I see it from your original offering. Do you want to see what or which carnuaba looks the best ??

scooterguitar
07-27-2006, 08:07 PM
I strip and only use the product I'm testing, which is 99% of the time a nuba. I can't remember the last time my hood had anything other than nuba, except for my glaze phase a few weeks ago!

FloridaNative
07-27-2006, 08:08 PM
That's why I posed the question. I wasn't sure if they just wanted to see what the waxes by themselves will look like on the paint or if they wanted to see it with a sealant. It seems that the majority want to see the waxes topping the sealants. I guess if that is how they are planning to use them then they care more how it looks with a sealant than without one.

Mike T
07-27-2006, 08:18 PM
Honestly I'd like to see the testing done without a sealant. I'd like to see the results of what the wax by it self can do for your finish. When I used WG the results wear SICK, but I went ahead and topped it anyway. A test like this is about what the wax can do. Applying a sealant before will only "Muddy" the results as I believe Killer stated. Any sealant you use will Magnify the results to much to really see the difference's between the wax. I think I repeated myself somewhere.

FloridaNative
07-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Honestly I'd like to see the testing done without a sealant. I'd like to see the results of what the wax by it self can do for your finish. When I used WG the results wear SICK, but I went ahead and topped it anyway. A test like this is about what the wax can do. Applying a sealant before will only "Muddy" the results as I believe Killer stated. Any sealant you use will Magnify the results to much to really see the difference's between the wax. I think I repeated myself somewhere.

You're funny! LOL I repeat myself repeat myself all the time too. :) I would like to do it just the waxes too since that is the truest test of the qualites of the wax, but this experiment is really for the benefit of all these lovely people here on the forum, so I wanted to open it up to them for what they would like to see. I think if it comes down to it, maybe I'll do two tests. One with the sealant underneath that the majority chooses and one with just the waxes so I can give an untainted write up of what the waxes can do.

ScottB
07-27-2006, 08:48 PM
Jen, did I send you a sample of Glanz Wax ?? If so, why not try an extra area also. Heck, I can think of 6-8 waxes that would make a great test. Moose Wax anyone ??
--------------------------
And if anyone from California is willing to pick me up some Soft99 Premium Authentic I will pay you for the wax and shipping. Seems only Autobac and Autofreak offer it and will not reply to emails.

dakevmann
07-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Just split the hood apply half sealant and the two favorite waxes and then the same two favorites with out the sealant base. Just an idea only if its a good one?