PDA

View Full Version : Help with Poorboy's EX

Pages : [1] 2

ynkjeter
07-27-2006, 12:59 PM
I've used the poorboys EX a couple times now. Everytime, i get bad streaks and tiger stripes. I've used my dads wolfgang sealant, and had no trouble at all. Is the wolfgang just much better, or am i doing something wrong with the poorboys? The first time, i applied, let it haze, and removed. The other time, i let it sit longer because the directions said this would offer a better shine. Both times gave hard to remove streaks. any help?

Surfer
07-27-2006, 01:03 PM
I have no problems with EX-P, but EX has carnauba so maybe there is a certain way to apply/remove? What do the directions say for EX anyway, just wondering if their different from EX-P.

ynkjeter
07-27-2006, 01:06 PM
The directions basically say to clean the car, and polish before use. Put some on a MF sponge or whatever, and apply/remove one section at a time. It also says you can apply the whole car, and then remove. Then says to let it haze lightly, or let it sit 30-60 minutes for deeper shine. remove with MF. It done in the sun, let it lightly haze and remove one section at a time.

Juztang
07-27-2006, 01:06 PM
I have used the EX many times and have never had streaks. Are you putting on too much product? A little bit goes a long way. I always put on a light coat.

ynkjeter
07-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Yes, i tend to sometimes get carried away. I like to know my car is deffinitely covered lol. Its not glopped on though.

Driven Auto Detail
07-27-2006, 01:17 PM
Sounds like you're using too much product. Remmeber that it's only the very thin layer of product touching the paint that adhere's to it. By putting on extra product, you're not adding any protection.

Two very thin coats is better than 1 thick coat.

supercharged
07-27-2006, 01:34 PM
If using in the sun - do not let it haze.....Remove right away.
If you are having trouble removing it, use qd spray.

scooterguitar
07-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Yes, too much product, but to answer the other question, YES Wolfgang is much better!

ScottB
07-27-2006, 05:52 PM
light coats and shake extremely well prior to use. Comparing EX to Wolfgang is like comparing Nattys Blue to Zaino. They are not in the same class of product.

dengood1
07-28-2006, 05:32 AM
light coats and shake extremely well prior to use. Comparing EX to Wolfgang is like comparing Nattys Blue to Zaino. They are not in the same class of product.
Is that in respective order, meaning is Natty's better than Zaino or visa versa? I've never used Zaino products. Thanks.

joe.p
07-28-2006, 07:03 AM
I don't think Scott was saying one was better then other there 2 different products it would be like comparing apples to oranges..When applying any product you should apply a thin coat as possible then reapply the EX again to assure even coverage..Good luck

ScottB
07-28-2006, 06:10 PM
I don't think Scott was saying one was better then other there 2 different products it would be like comparing apples to oranges..When applying any product you should apply a thin coat as possible then reapply the EX again to assure even coverage..Good luck

Thanks Joe ... exactly correct, you cannot compare two different breeds in that manner.

dengood1
07-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Thanks Joe ... exactly correct, you cannot compare two different breeds in that manner.

OIC.....I've heard Zaino mentioned a million times but never knew exactly what it was or used for.

ScottB
07-28-2006, 09:14 PM
Zaino is a paint sealant like Wolfgang and UPP. It has been designed to offer superior durability. The original product was plagued with plasticy and sterile looks. The Pro line erases all that and quite good. It does need a catalyst to be added (Z1) or mixed (Zfx) to bond correctly and offer the best durability and gloss. The line is designed towork well together, and does so. I found the polish slightly stains rubber surrounds, but cannot complain on most of the Z offerings.

It is ashame that Sal doesnt want AG to carry ... sure would look nice next to the best wax (Pinnacle). In a perfect world you would be able to buy ALL products at AG. Maybe we can add Duragloss, Finish Kare, and some others as soon as the bigger warehouse is done.

dengood1
07-28-2006, 09:17 PM
why wouldn't someone want to sell their product where it would actually sell? Hmmm.....something I don't know? Just seems odd....