PDA

View Full Version : new from Hackensack NJ

turboman808
06-16-2008, 01:31 PM
Hey guys I have been stalking this site for awhile now. Decieded I really wanted to learn how to detail and take care of cars this year.

I don't do this stuff for a living but I do pick up people needing there car cleaned up quite often. Usualy 3-4 cars a week. Not alot but it's enough to pay for all my products and tools and buy my lunch.

I have a small place in the shade behind my office where all my stuff is setup so I go out on a break and will wash a car and so on. Not only that I live across the street from my office and will do a full detail on the weekends.

But for the most part I am still learning and mostly I wash cars and just clean them up. Most people just don't want to pay for polish, clay and wax. But I get a few.

My biggest way of picking up most jobs and getting them to pay for a full detail is I will do like the hood or fender and show them what a difference it makes to the car. Even if they don't pay for a full detail they still usualy like me to wash there cars since I take good care of them and explain that the car wash is damaging there paint.

Oh one thing I was looking for on this site was what waxes seem to work best with certain color cars. I have been sold on the NXT synthetic but I am looking for something to put on after that. I like the way the gold class looks on top of that on my yellow car. My porsche will be back from the shop in about a month. It's getting completely repainted in a metalic blue. Wondering what others though would be a good combo to bring out the richness on a blue metalic car.

Meghan
06-16-2008, 02:01 PM
:welcome:

trhland
06-16-2008, 02:11 PM
welcome!! i grey up in hackensack...

turboman808
06-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Thanks
I lived here for about a year. I swore I would never live in NJ after living in ScotchPlains for a year as a kid. Never say never I guess. But it's pretty nice where I am. Living pretty care free at the moment.