PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys opinions???

pricha00
06-15-2008, 07:46 PM
I only have a single car garage and fitting my vehicle inside is not really too feasible with all the other junk. You know lawn mower, kids ATV etc. Since shade is at a premium I would love to find a product that I could polish with in the sun. I see that Poorboys Swirl Removers advertise that you can use them in the sun. Can someone give me some first hand experience with this claim? How well does this product work on a hot black paint? Is the working time drastically reduced under this scenario?

Thanks, Pat.

budman3
06-15-2008, 10:34 PM
The working time is reduced, yes. A few months ago I used SSR2.5 in full sun on two vehicles in the same day without a hitch. It may take a little experimenting to find the proper amount of product and working area (work smaller areas). Also, be sure to remove the product fairly fast so it doesn't get caked/baked onto the paint.

supercharged
06-15-2008, 11:29 PM
I personally prefer XMT polishes over SSR, XMT are easier to work with.

pricha00
06-16-2008, 07:02 AM
I personally prefer XMT polishes over SSR, XMT are easier to work with.

I have the XMT line and it works well but I don't think I would want to attempt it in full sun.

Pat.

MadOzodi
06-16-2008, 11:10 AM
I'd suggest polishing in the late afternoon/early evening or even at night under halogens if you're too worried about it. I've done that and let me tell ya, the neighbors think I'm crazy. You can also buy a canopy to cover the area you're working on.

I have a single car garage as well so I feel your pain. I usually end up pulling whatever half of the car I'm working on into the garage as far as possible; doing the side panels is a tight fit! :D

supercharged
06-16-2008, 12:39 PM
I have the XMT line and it works well but I don't think I would want to attempt it in full sun.

Pat.
if it's a black car, and outside temperature is above 100 degress F (38C), they it might be too hot... Try to do it in a shade when possible, or if it's not, try polishing in the morning before it gets too hot.

ScottB
06-16-2008, 05:08 PM
I would Never polish in direct sunlight, it will dry out the polish before it breaks down properly, even those suggesting sunlight. I was rather impressed at the SystemOne demo in the sun however.

Mike T
06-17-2008, 11:40 AM
The working time is reduced, yes. A few months ago I used SSR2.5 in full sun on two vehicles in the same day without a hitch. It may take a little experimenting to find the proper amount of product and working area (work smaller areas). Also, be sure to remove the product fairly fast so it doesn't get caked/baked onto the paint.

:whs:
I love PB's products, great polishes. I do find the SSR series does dust up a bit, but just try different product amounts. Alot of polishes claim to work great in direct sunlight, but believe me, working on a vary hot finish in direct sunlight will suck the life out of you. Try for morning or late afternoon.

Dark_Tempest
06-20-2008, 12:37 AM
I've just got my PB kit from AG and Ill be posting my results, but so far so good, even if Im not gettin the level of correction I want yet. But its only day to so we'll see. Also doesnt have a harsh smell

Roll & Shine Valet
06-20-2008, 03:14 AM
we perfer auto glyms resin polish its great in hot temps and the not so hot its a fantastic product goes on easy and comes off even easier........

ATL G35 6MT
06-20-2008, 08:32 AM
I have used the SSRs in the daytime with great results but as mentioned above the heat will kill you sometimes. If you are working in direct sunlight you will find that they break down faster & dust a little more. With a bit of experimentation you can find the right amount of product & learn how to work it at that time.

dionnfr
06-20-2008, 09:05 AM
I love their polishes. their wheel sealent is the best.