PDA

View Full Version : Best wax

marchese_alexander
06-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Want to hear your opinions on the best wax.

dionnfr
06-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Take your pick Collinite 845 or 476. Everyone will have their own opponions. I use these products for durability ans so does my customers. We live in an area especillay winter wer I want maximum protection.

94LT1
06-14-2008, 02:33 PM
its all personal preference and how much u want to spend.u see alot of people use pinnacle souveran(liquid & paste),Pinnacle Signature Series II(SSII), Poor boys natty blue,P21S, DP Max Wax, some even use meguiars #26.
Alot of people also use seants like Wolfgang Deep gloss 3.0,Duragloss TPP 105, collinite 845,Poorboy EX-P,klasse high gloss sealant and Optimum opti-seal.
Iv personally had good results with pinnacle liquid souveran.I havent tried the new stuff with polycharge yet but its supposed to last longer now.I just bought collinite 845 and im looking forward to trying it.its supposed to last 4-6 months depending on conditions.I do in the near future also wanna try P21S 100% carnauba.
Waxes on average last between 4-8 weeks depending on conditions and sealants will last 3-5 months give or take also depending on conditions.

marchese_alexander
06-14-2008, 02:37 PM
anyone tried the Wolfgang Füzion?

ScottB
06-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Pinnacle Waxes are considered some of the best for looks, and I love Souveran. Fuzion is quite nice and dripping wet too.

marchese_alexander
06-14-2008, 02:49 PM
what wax can I use after applying the WG 3.0 sealant I currently have the NXT 2.0

ScottB
06-14-2008, 03:05 PM
NXT has a very light cleaner called Kaolin and might remove or haze the Wolfgang, I would not use it. Get a pure carnauba even locally you might find Mothers or Megs 26 in a pinch.

marchese_alexander
06-14-2008, 03:09 PM
what about the pads, Blue or Red?

marchese_alexander
06-14-2008, 03:20 PM
can i use the WG sealant and the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran™ Wax

ScottB
06-14-2008, 03:27 PM
can i use the WG sealant and the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran™ Wax

yes ...

Rsurfer
06-14-2008, 04:18 PM
yes ...
NXT has a very light cleaner called Kaolin and might remove or haze the Wolfgang, I would not use it. Get a pure carnauba even locally you might find Mothers or Megs 26 in a pinch. Is liquid souveran a pure carnauba? Does it not have solvents?

ScottB
06-14-2008, 04:48 PM
all waxes have solvents ... they are flash type and leave almost immediately upon application. (keeping the liquid in suspension until use) It is the cleaners and abrasives in a product that "can" cause issues. There is no cleaners nor abrasives in Liquid Souveran.

I still believe NXT 2.0 has enough of a cleaner product that it "could" effect a pure sealant. The original NXT offered the same ingredient and under heavy pressure Mike Phillips finally admitted to it having some very light cleaning ability.

Rsurfer
06-14-2008, 05:05 PM
all waxes have solvents ... they are flash type and leave almost immediately upon application. (keeping the liquid in suspension until use) It is the cleaners and abrasives in a product that "can" cause issues. There is no cleaners nor abrasives in Liquid Souveran.

I still believe NXT 2.0 has enough of a cleaner product that it "could" effect a pure sealant. The original NXT offered the same ingredient and under heavy pressure Mike Phillips finally admitted to it having some very light cleaning ability.

Thanks for the reply