PDA

View Full Version : XMT VS Wolfgang

Cortez W.
06-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Okay so i have been reading tons of post looking for the best deal, and thats going to work..... its between the XMT interm. swirl remover, and and qolfgang duo.... Can anyone give me adivce, personaly experince how long it last, etc..i will be using it on a 1991 s10 that has slight oxidation and swirls, and a 02 altima that has swirls. Ill be using a pc 7424,
thanks

rwisejr
06-14-2008, 05:29 PM
I personally have not used either but if I had a choice I would tend to go for the Wolfgang Duo.It is the newer technology and if memory serves me well that Menzerna assisted in the develpoment of these products. And if you've been searching the menzerna Line is one of the favorites around here.

bryansbestwax
06-14-2008, 05:43 PM
I wold suggest the Wolfgang, I use Menz product and the work quite well

ScottB
06-15-2008, 08:38 AM
the new Wolfgang polishes, noted as 3.0, are made with Menzerna and will have a little more bite initially. They also finish up quite well with alot of gloss.

Cortez W.
06-15-2008, 11:24 AM
What do you mean "more bite initally"?

ChevyPusha
06-15-2008, 01:39 PM

More dimishing abrasives???

ScottB
06-15-2008, 05:14 PM

the ceramiclear polishes seem to be a bit more aggressive initially (ie. more bite) but then end like a perfect finishing polish.

wesleyforbes
06-15-2008, 06:20 PM
I personally just did my car yesterday using all XMT products. I started with the XMT interm. and went to the ultra fine, then finished with liquid souvren. Came out great, just wasn't able to get some of the deeper scratches but was well worth the effort.

I used an UDM (ultimate detail machine). It was my first time ever doing a car so it took me all yesterday, started out around 6am and was done at 5pm.

alain
06-15-2008, 09:07 PM
I have the xmt and wolfgang duo and really love the new wolfgang 3.0 really easy to work and the finishing glaze live a really nice finish. Here is what i have done with the finishing glaze on my truck.

Cortez W.
06-17-2008, 07:07 AM
Thanks guys, i orginially planned on buying the duo, but my cart added up quite fast to almost 250 dollars..alittle more than i was planning on spending. so i am going to go with the xmt interm swirl remover kit.. later when i get a bonus or something ill get the duo...thanks again

Matt S.
06-17-2008, 10:56 AM
I have the xmt and wolfgang duo and really love the new wolfgang 3.0 really easy to work and the finishing glaze live a really nice finish. Here is what i have done with the finishing glaze on my truck.

Gorgeous!