PDA

View Full Version : Found a microfiber cleaning solution on the

Benzmeister
03-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Wolfgand site. This stuff is terrific. Some of my microfiber cloths are a few years old. I wash them in our washing machine, on cold, added 1 oz of Microfiber soap and they are like brand new, Amazing product. highly recommend.

I am a newbie, member of the Mercedes Benz Club of America, have been a car nut for over 40 years, restored over the decaded, MGA's Morgan, 357, 911 a few muscle cars. I presently own a 79 Mercedes Benz 450SLC which I bought for a restoration project, but so far all the car has need is maintence work. 4.8L V8 4 seat coupe, very fast especially at highway speed. Needs some work on the leather seats, but other then that, the only real problem area was the heating system. 79 was the first year Mercedes came out with a fully automatic heating and AC and when it worked it was a good system, when it didn't it was a nightmare to repair. When I bought the car last October the owner knocked off $1500 from the asking price as the heating Ac didn't work at all. Last week I finally got it working, after having the heater servo repaired and then finally replaced. The system works mostly on vacuum and I fixed a lot, I mean a lot of vacuum leaks. The former owner had the engine and automatic transmission rebuilt in 95. Since then he had only clocked 5K miles when I bought it. He faithfully changed all the fluids every 6 K miles, and washed, polished and wax the car twice a year, and took it our for a 100 mile more or less ride once month of so. After changing the plugs, a couple of bottle of Redline S1 1 fuel system cleaner, the car sounds and runs like new with 115K miles on the odo. My daily driver is a 1999 Mercedes C280 DTM,nicely modified for looks and power.

langman37
03-03-2006, 10:59 PM
Wolfgand site. This stuff is terrific. Some of my microfiber cloths are a few years old. I wash them in our washing machine, on cold, added 1 oz of Microfiber soap and they are like brand new, Amazing product. highly recommend.

I am a newbie, member of the Mercedes Benz Club of America, have been a car nut for over 40 years, restored over the decaded, MGA's Morgan, 357, 911 a few muscle cars. I presently own a 79 Mercedes Benz 450SLC which I bought for a restoration project, but so far all the car has need is maintence work. 4.8L V8 4 seat coupe, very fast especially at highway speed. Needs some work on the leather seats, but other then that, the only real problem area was the heating system. 79 was the first year Mercedes came out with a fully automatic heating and AC and when it worked it was a good system, when it didn't it was a nightmare to repair. When I bought the car last October the owner knocked off $1500 from the asking price as the heating Ac didn't work at all. Last week I finally got it working, after having the heater servo repaired and then finally replaced. The system works mostly on vacuum and I fixed a lot, I mean a lot of vacuum leaks. The former owner had the engine and automatic transmission rebuilt in 95. Since then he had only clocked 5K miles when I bought it. He faithfully changed all the fluids every 6 K miles, and washed, polished and wax the car twice a year, and took it our for a 100 mile more or less ride once month of so. After changing the plugs, a couple of bottle of Redline S1 1 fuel system cleaner, the car sounds and runs like new with 115K miles on the odo. My daily driver is a 1999 Mercedes C280 DTM,nicely modified for looks and power.

Welcome to the insanity!:eek: What do you use on your paint? Clay, polish, sealant, wax?

stingray
03-03-2006, 11:42 PM

For cleaning microfiber towels I have used Sonus, Pinnacle, micro restorer. i like Pinnacle washing