PDA

View Full Version : Check me out fellas do I got it right?

ChevyPusha
06-14-2008, 03:41 AM
The process I plan to use for my 1996 Impala SS detail

1. Wash using 2 bucket method with grit guards (Cobra Microfiber sponge)
2. Clay
3.Wolfgang TSR 3.0 with PC 7424 and CCS orange pad (on the TSR what level of defects will this stuff take off is it mostly for minor stuff?Feed back please)
4.Wolfgang FG 3.0 with CCS white pad
5.Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint sealent (Will prob put this on by hand, or do you guys suggest to use the PC????) this is in the air ill leave it up to you guysFeed back please

Keep in mind I have newer paint (2-3 months old) its a real nice mettalic flake I want the flakes to POP off the paint and WOW people any other products or methods I should add in my detailing process???

ScottB
06-14-2008, 07:10 AM
sounds like a nice plan ... if paint is pristine with no real swirls or flaws, you might wanna skip the orange pad and use white then moving to the finishing pad with FG3.0.

budman3
06-14-2008, 09:23 AM
The TSR3.0 is pretty strong stuff. It'll remove a lot of swirls but will leave a very nice finish. Always work from the least aggressive to the most. Testing would be like this for you:
FG3.0 polishing pad
FG3.0 light cut pad
TSR3.0 polish pad
TSR3.0 light cut pad

Once you reach the point of satisfaction, you go back down the 'pyramid' to a final polish to clean up any micromarring.

ChevyPusha
06-14-2008, 02:15 PM
My paint is fairly new but does have some swirling and haze in the paint I didnt pay that much for my paint so the body shop didnt do the best job of buffing and detailing after.

I told the guy I like to detail so he left most of that job up to me he sprayed about 6 coats of clear its PPG clear and really really hard.

I think I will use the TSR but just a combination of different pads

ChevyPusha
06-26-2008, 01:13 AM
After the TSR 3.0 do you guys suggest a 50/50 alcohol wipe down??

wytstang
06-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Yes

HHIslander
06-26-2008, 02:55 PM
all I would add to what has already been said is adding a coat of pinnacle souveran wax or WG Fuzion

ChevyPusha
06-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Sorry guys for kicking a dead horse I hate to keep asking questions and bringing this topic back up but would there really be any problem if I started out with the TSR 3.0 and orange pad??? I do know its the most aggresive combo but I have plenty of clear coat to work with.......I also though that a DA polisher (7424) and a orange pad is relativley safe on most coats and cars

I do have some swirls and hazing, the paint is new I just wanna make sure I dont mess it up but I think I need the orange pad and TSR 3.0 pics might help you guys?????

HHIslander
06-28-2008, 06:29 PM
its not only safer, but im sure others would agree, def worth the time to do as told, start with the least aggressive method first. I mean, its you car so you can do what you want, but remember its always better to be safe than sorry...

ChevyPusha
06-28-2008, 06:33 PM
its not only safer, but im sure others would agree, def worth the time to do as told, start with the least aggressive method first. I mean, its you car so you can do what you want, but remember its always better to be safe than sorry...

I understand that but really how aggressive is a orange pad and TSR 3.0??? Whats the ill effects if this combo is to aggressive whats it do to the paint?

HHIslander
06-28-2008, 06:45 PM
to be quite honest, I think you would be okay. But, like I said its better to be safe than sorry and definitely worth the time. Have you ever used a buffer before?

ChevyPusha
07-01-2008, 01:36 AM
to be quite honest, I think you would be okay. But, like I said its better to be safe than sorry and definitely worth the time. Have you ever used a buffer before?
Yes ive used a buffer before damn do I come off that newb lol????