PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845 & 476

Pages : [1] 2

94LT1
06-13-2008, 05:08 PM
I was curious if either products add gloss factor to the paint??i no both last a very long time and have to be applied very thinly or u risk looseing ur arms trying to rub this stuff off.the reason i ask is i can get this stuff for under like 10 dollars at my work.

tripperfx3
06-13-2008, 06:47 PM
I was curious if either products add gloss factor to the paint??i no both last a very long time and have to be applied very thinly or u risk looseing ur arms trying to rub this stuff off.the reason i ask is i can get this stuff for under like 10 dollars at my work.
I use 845 all the time and love the depth it gives on darker colored cars and it even looks great on my Silver Evo. Doesn't seem to mute the flake at all.

Some Evo's I've used it on:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/samemory/JustinsEvoIX007.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/samemory/JustinsEvoIX010.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/samemory/NewEvoPics021.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/samemory/NewEvoPics025.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/samemory/NewEvoPics035.jpg

jesselyons2002
06-13-2008, 07:44 PM
I think 845 is better. Looks wetter and applys easier then 476. Also 845 is slicker.

cls
06-13-2008, 10:06 PM
845 looks better for me.more reflective imo.

racso
06-13-2008, 10:17 PM
I've used both 845 and 476 from Collinite. I agree that the 845 gives a deeper gloss and is easier to work with. However, experience has taught me that 476 seems to last longer. So I use 845 in the spring, summer and fall, and 476 in the winter. 476 is especially effective when used on wheels during the winter. Your results may vary. Both are excellent products for the money.

94LT1
06-13-2008, 11:13 PM
i ended up buying 845 tonight.so how should i apply it?wipe on then wipe off or follow the directions and wipe on and let dry then wipe off?

jesselyons2002
06-14-2008, 12:43 AM
I think durability doesn't really matter. Cause your always going to want to try a new wax
:D

tripperfx3
06-14-2008, 01:39 AM
^^^ Agreed, but as far as applying it. I follow the directions. Normally by the time I'm finished putting wax on the last panel its time fo it to be removed on the 1st panel.

Strokin04
06-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Also apply it out of sun light and you should have no problems.

94LT1
06-15-2008, 10:10 PM
I used the collinite today on my dads 98 White trans am.One thing thats kinda got me scratching my head.When i bought it, it was kind of a thick like paste but today i shook it like the directions said and it turned to a real runny liquid.Is that normal?It went on easy.I did the whole car and let it sit for 5 minutes and began wiping it off.Some spots needed more attention then others but overall it wasnt to bad takeing off.
First i had my brother wash the car with meguiars gold class then he clayed it with meguiars clay.Then i took over from there because my brother drove it when we went autoX and he spun out and took a bunch of cones out and they left there mark so i used pinnacle swirl remover with a Orange CCS pad on speed 5.Also he drove the car on a road while it was being stripped and the whole passenger side of the car was covered in what looked to be tar but im not exactly sure.So i used the swirl remover for that as well it and worked fine.Then from there i used my sample to poli-seal.That was very easy to work with.I used a white CCS pad on speed 4 and after 2-4 passes it was almost gone.i wiped the rest off and move on 2 the next pannel. After that came the 845.The car looks great.I hope to take picture tomorrow if it doesnt rain.I thought about takeing pictures in the garage but that doesnt prove anything so ill wait till the sun is out.The whole reason the car was cleaned today is because my brother has Senior pictures tuesday and the car was nasty and hes getting his picture taken with it.My dad basically gave it to him and he drives my brothers car now(im real jelous cause i had to pay for mine but o well).So right now its in the garage and wont come out till tuesday because it supposed to rain starting tomorrow morning.

Surfer
06-16-2008, 04:01 PM
845 is nice, just gotta shake the shiznit out of it before use. 915 is a very nice wax as well. Not only do they look as good as waxes costing much more, but the durability is better then majority of sealants, full Zaino prep and DG 105 are the only ones I can think of that match/exceed the durability of Collinite, Collinite + 105 = bullet proof combo

svtsupremecy
06-16-2008, 04:15 PM
94LT1 that is normal for it to be really thick at first. Mine did the same thing at first, it gets a little more liquid after you use it for the first time. Just shake it real well before use and its fine, I use the wax on wax off method, ill do a whole side at a time and then take it off, fairly easy to take off. 845 is worth the $...

94LT1
06-16-2008, 04:33 PM
94LT1 that is normal for it to be really thick at first. Mine did the same thing at first, it gets a little more liquid after you use it for the first time. Just shake it real well before use and its fine, I use the wax on wax off method, ill do a whole side at a time and then take it off, fairly easy to take off. 845 is worth the $...
well it was really runny after i shook it up....the stuff actually hazed up after i let it sit and it came off alot easier that way.But is it supposed to be real runny??

Strokin04
06-16-2008, 06:38 PM
But is it supposed to be real runny??

Yes

MadOzodi
06-17-2008, 10:26 AM
So runny when shaken up and warm that I'm going to transfer it to a dispenser bottle with a smaller opening. Good thing 845 is affordable b/c there's a nice spot on my driveway that'll be protected for a while.