PDA

View Full Version : car wash soap

Pages : [1] 2 3

94LT1
06-12-2008, 09:22 PM
i was wondering what kind of car wash soap most of you use.im not going to use ONR because my cars get 2 dirty in between washes.so just curious because i have about 16 oz or so of Gold class left.

nitro78
06-12-2008, 09:43 PM
I just tried the duragloss wash with some aquawax added to it and I was really impressed. My other wash is the DP extreme foam for my foam gun but it is also great in the bucket.

lethalxls1
06-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Pinnacle bodyworks shampoo is the best IMO-but it will cost ya. DP is prolly the best for the $

94LT1
06-12-2008, 10:50 PM
what about optimums regular car wash??

Jimmie
06-12-2008, 11:15 PM
It seems like I've got a bunch of them but I grab the Duragloss most often.

Nothing wrong with the Gold Class. I'd use it up first.

Jordan88
06-13-2008, 09:29 AM
I use Gold Class when not using ONR.It works nice in a foam gun and its fairly cheap OTC.

ATL G35 6MT
06-13-2008, 09:38 AM
I love 1Z Perls

blacknblu
06-13-2008, 10:07 AM
i was wondering what kind of car wash soap most of you use.im not going to use ONR because my cars get 2 dirty in between washes.so just curious because i have about 16 oz or so of Gold class left.
:goodpost:
I've been thinking of this too. What are the notable differences between the different types of car wash soaps? I've always been under the impression that "Car Wash Soap is Car Wash Soap". I know some washes have wax infused, but outside of that, or using a 'detergent', the results would pretty much be the same.

Torsion Tool
06-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Just about any will clean, but the difference is how the formula treats the finish. Premium "Ph balanced" detergents generally indicates that it will clean without totally stripping the wax layer that presumably was on it before washing. If desired that is done with a dedicated product such as Cleansing Lotion. The other variables are largely preference e.g. lubricity, sudsing, dual performance in gun or by hand, perceived value, et cetera. Look forward to trying something besides Pinnacle, myself, maybe Wolfgang Auto Bathe.

wytstang
06-13-2008, 12:29 PM
what about optimums regular car wash??
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/10405-optimum-soap-review-found-soap-i-have-been-looking.html
Nothing wrong with Gold Class either a solid performer. I just get great results with Optimums car soap and it's great for me in every category I was looking for.

wytstang
06-13-2008, 12:36 PM
:goodpost:
I've been thinking of this too. What are the notable differences between the different types of car wash soaps? I've always been under the impression that "Car Wash Soap is Car Wash Soap". I know some washes have wax infused, but outside of that, or using a 'detergent', the results would pretty much be the same.
First and for most lubrication is one of the most deciding factors for most OCD detailers (pro and joe). If the wash media is dragging across the paint the chances of scratching the clear coat and higher then normal. Next would be how strong are the detergents in the soap, I don't want to wax every week (especially the summer/winter). It doesn't have to be a $$ soap to get good results and Duragloss #901 is proof to that. Napa sells Duragloos soap (Carquest and others do as well) so you can get it locally.

Matt S.
06-13-2008, 12:41 PM
My favorite cheaper wash is Meguiar's Gold Class. I usually use this for details or before I know I'm going to strip and re-wax the paint.

My favorite "boutique" product....Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo with P21S coming in a close second.

94LT1
06-13-2008, 04:53 PM
ya i myself dont have any complaints with meguiars gold class.if u put 3-4 cap fulls like the directions say it can have a lot of suds.it also leaves the paint to have some what of a shine to it.i think i wanna try the optimum car wash after i run out of gold class.thanks everyone for there opinions

sal329
06-13-2008, 05:38 PM
I have been using Meguairs Deep Crystal, cheap, local and cleans very well. When it runs out I want to try some DG 901.

Driven Auto Detail
06-13-2008, 06:46 PM
+1 for Optimum Car Wash