PDA

View Full Version : ? about machine silver car

Pages : [1] 2

PACEBRIA
06-11-2008, 11:14 AM
OK guys I am new to this forum but not the detailing world. I have searched for weeks for my some new products to try. I just bought my first NICE car a 2008 silver vette. I plan on the usual with some new products Please advise on your opinions. I really want a wet pop look. Thanks
Wash- Dawn (usually Meg gold class)
Clay
Polish- Menzerna PO 91 or PO83? if needed (White pad)
Finish- Menzerna PO106 or PO87 (black or blue pad)
Should I then glaze after a prepsol wipe down or go straight to a sealant and wax combo.
Sealant-Wolf deep gloss paint sealant
Wax - P21s 100%
Feel free to advise in any direction thanks again

67Customs
06-11-2008, 11:40 AM
For the Polishing step, the white pad might not be enough if you are trying to remove swirls. You might want to have an orange pad for back-up.

For the Finishing step, I would reccomend the green pad (assuming you are talking about LC pads). It has enough bit to help the polish remove any haze from the harsher polishes, but it finishes down really nicely. The black will work, but it might not cut enough to help the polish burnish the paint.

If you have removed all the imnperfections you want to, using a glaze would be pointless. I would go stright to the selant/wax combo.

MadOzodi
06-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Interesting...I'd never thought to use a green LC pad with a finishing polish. The green LC pads I have supposedly fall between the orange and white pads in terms of cut.

ScottB
06-11-2008, 02:52 PM
As a current Vette owner and past silver C5 Vette owner, let me warn you the clearcoat is quite hard. Your gonna need Menzerna SIP and 106FF for polishes or the Wolfgang 3.0 offerings.

Please rid your detailing aersonal of Dawn. Its does nothing for car care and highly alkaline. Use a good car wash. Your clay and polishing will remove any old wax and Dawn hardly dents a paint sealant.

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Interesting...I'd never thought to use a green LC pad with a finishing polish. The green LC pads I have supposedly fall between the orange and white pads in terms of cut.

Mad, that is incorrect information, you use a finishing pad as in the blue or black pads to finish with. Good thing this was asked on another forum. Also mad you are correct on where the green pad is in the LC line up, SIP and the green pad make an awesome combo.

Matt S.
06-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Mad, that is incorrect information, you use a finishing pad as in the blue or black pads to finish with. Good thing this was asked on another forum. Also mad you are correct on where the green pad is in the LC line up, SIP and the green pad make an awesome combo.

Wrong....the new LC green pads are a polishing/finishing foam, which is between gray and white.

The old LC green pads are more like an orange....

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Even so if the new green pads are a combo you still want to finish with a blue or black pad. Also how can you compare the green to the orange pad, that is wrong.

Matt S.
06-11-2008, 03:29 PM
What I said was the old green ones compare to orange in the sense that they are both light cutting pads. The new green polishing/finishing work great for jeweling/fine polishing.

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-11-2008, 03:34 PM
I would have to disagree, the blue and black work better. Not trying to get in a peeing match with you but from doing this for forever and a day they still dont match the finish of the blue or black pads.

Matt S.
06-11-2008, 03:37 PM
I would have to disagree, the blue and black work better. Not trying to get in a peeing match with you but from doing this for forever and a day they still dont match the finish of the blue or black pads.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion...C5s and C6s are known for having very hard clearcoats, and in my experiences the green pads worked better on harder clearcoats whereas the blue/black don't do as much IMO. Temperatures, choice in polish, polisher being used, etc also play big roles, so varying opinions do not surprise me. :cheers:

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-11-2008, 03:42 PM
I hear you on the vette clear having had four and owning the one in the avatar. The green ccs pad and SIP on the vette is an awesome combo, then finish with 85rd on a blue and black pad and you will see what I am talking about, this is by rotary.

Matt S.
06-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Well there you go...I tend to use the Flex XC3401 more than anything these days, so that is the reasoning behind our differences in pad choices.

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-11-2008, 03:47 PM
:cheers:

ScottB
06-11-2008, 04:24 PM
My Vette is cleaner than both your Vettes (you two jokers) .... seriously, I am also just finding out that there is more than one green pad and the newer version is lighter too. Thanks for the info guys !

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-11-2008, 04:33 PM
My Vette is cleaner than both your Vettes (you two jokers) .... seriously, I am also just finding out that there is more than one green pad and the newer version is lighter too. Thanks for the info guys !

I doubt that, I 'll even put money on that.