PDA

View Full Version : Megs #16 & Souveran: Go Head to Head!

Pages : [1] 2 3

scooterguitar
07-26-2006, 01:41 PM
After inquiring about Megs #16 for awhile, BlackCoupe on here was so kind and sent me his! :applause:
So I put it against Souveran! Totally stripped my hood and put them next to each other. Clealry, Souveran was the winner, but the #16 was not too far behind!
The Megs was harder to WOWO, but I knew that going in and what could be easier than Souveran?
What I have found so far from Souveran is that it has this extra crispness about it that no other wax I have tried holds a candle to. The #16 was slightly darker and didn't quite have that extra little pop, but to me it sure looks good! And from my research, the Megs is supposed to be very durable, right? I bet with a glaze underneath the Megs would really open up too.
I plan to use the #16 on my bike which encounters lots of gunk and has all thsoe nooks and crannies, hopefully the #16 will be a good performer and durable there.
Remember, I have been a proponent of #26 for the glow it takes about a day later, wonder if the #16 does this as well? If so, it will clearly be an all aorund winner for doing other people's cars!
Not that my review was helpful, but I just wanted to thank BC publicly for his kindness and say that I think Megs #16 seems to have a very nice look to it and I imagine I'll try to find another tin to keep back.

supercharged
07-26-2006, 01:50 PM
How is it compared to Natty's blue?

ScottB
07-26-2006, 02:02 PM
#16 is more durable, that would be its main selling point.

Rapidity
07-26-2006, 02:28 PM
I thought #16 was no longer made?

scooterguitar
07-26-2006, 02:38 PM
It isn't, that makes my gift even more special.

Surfer
07-26-2006, 03:02 PM
It isn't, that makes my gift even more special.Your gift almost became mine if he didn't hear back from you :D

BlackCoupe
07-26-2006, 03:27 PM
After inquiring about Megs #16 for awhile, BlackCoupe on here was so kind and sent me his! :applause:
So I put it against Souveran! Totally stripped my hood and put them next to each other. Clealry, Souveran was the winner, but the #16 was not too far behind!
The Megs was harder to WOWO, but I knew that going in and what could be easier than Souveran?
What I have found so far from Souveran is that it has this extra crispness about it that no other wax I have tried holds a candle to. The #16 was slightly darker and didn't quite have that extra little pop, but to me it sure looks good! And from my research, the Megs is supposed to be very durable, right? I bet with a glaze underneath the Megs would really open up too.
I plan to use the #16 on my bike which encounters lots of gunk and has all thsoe nooks and crannies, hopefully the #16 will be a good performer and durable there.
Remember, I have been a proponent of #26 for the glow it takes about a day later, wonder if the #16 does this as well? If so, it will clearly be an all aorund winner for doing other people's cars!
Not that my review was helpful, but I just wanted to thank BC publicly for his kindness and say that I think Megs #16 seems to have a very nice look to it and I imagine I'll try to find another tin to keep back.

I like the Souveran beter for the two reasons you mentioned, but I think I will use my 16 for a while for durability. Jeez--being somewhat rare and all, I would not use it on OPC (Other People's Cars), and I would not waste it on grey or white. Grey or white, to me, look a little better with a high reflectivity sealant.

Al-53
07-26-2006, 03:32 PM
There are a few online suppy houses that still list #16 in stock..and not bad prices...I Know that the car wash supply house near me had some just a couple of weeks ago....

Al

scooterguitar
07-26-2006, 04:02 PM
Maybe I should rephrase about other people's cars, I meant families cars and close friends, all of maybe four total I do. Fo other peoples that aren't close, I just spray on some Windex and top it with clear spray paint for the ultimate protection!
And Surfer...Ha ha!

supercharged
07-26-2006, 04:20 PM
I still have almost full can #16.

scooterguitar
07-26-2006, 04:22 PM
I would think if you see it on store shelves or anywehre reasonable, snag it! If i ever come across any I surely will.

joe.p
07-26-2006, 05:12 PM
I would think if you see it on store shelves or anywehre reasonable, snag it! If i ever come across any I surely will.
You know thats a good idea . I have a little parts store not too far from the house that had some Megs products i couldn't anywhere else. I think i'll pop in there .. Another thing i couldn't find was the NXT Glass cleaner i ended up ordring online when placing a small order for the Megs#7 that everyone hates:(

scooterguitar
07-26-2006, 05:17 PM
I haven't even tried my Megs #7 Glaze sample yet! Why do people hate it? Friggin haters! Can't we just live and luv?

supercharged
07-26-2006, 06:15 PM
If you really wanna get it, why don't you search the web?

supercharged
07-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Maybe I should trade my #16 for Souveran paste:D :p