PDA

View Full Version : Leather seat and other

onexvi3tboi
06-10-2008, 04:52 PM
I have leather seats and when people sit in the car they don't take into consideration. So they'll just sit in it, sometime when they sit in it they would move around and put creases into the seat. How do I remove the creases?

Beside that if I decide to get a seat cover for the seats...will that prevent the seats from deterioating or preventing creases?

sal329
06-10-2008, 05:53 PM
I have leather seats and I sit in it as I would any other seat. Make sure you use a good leather conditioner (4 star, Pinnacle or leather masters) keep the leather conditioned and soft, thats my $.02

Lasthope05
06-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Its impossible to prevent creases as it will happen with leather. Just keep it conditioned with a quality conditioner. That will prevent it from drying out and cracking. Be sure to clean it before conditioning it also.

Jimmie
06-10-2008, 06:07 PM
There were pictures on here of a detail with 10 year old leather seats that had been regularly cleaned and conditioned. They looked almost new.

ScottB
06-10-2008, 06:14 PM
leather is quite durable ... creases never cease however. Keep conditioned as possible.

onexvi3tboi
06-10-2008, 06:25 PM
I have the Pinnacle cleaner and condition. Two seperate bottle. Do I do it every week or every two week?

jayjacque
06-10-2008, 10:01 PM
I have the Pinnacle cleaner and condition. Two seperate bottle. Do I do it every week or every two week?

With the conditioner not that often. Too much chance for build up which will work in reverse of protecting. Once a month or every other month probably is enough

jesselyons2002
06-11-2008, 12:11 AM
I read there's no use for conditioning, protect or cover leather. Only to clean it and protect with a UV protectant.

Lasthope05
06-11-2008, 01:47 AM
Leather is essentially skin. And being that it is skin it needs oils and such to keep it soft and smooth(conditioner.) Without something to nourish and feed it the leather would become brittle and crack. A UV protectant only helps against color fade on dark leather and darkening on lighter tones. If you look into Pinnacle Leather Conditioner. Its a great conditioner and contains great UV protection.

Pinnacle Leather Conditioner is rich in lanolin and natural oils. Pinnacle Leather Conditioner contains no petroleum distillates and will not dry the (http://www.autogeek.net/pinleatcon.html)

TOGWT
06-11-2008, 04:47 AM
Basic Leather care –
Automotive leather care is a subject surrounded with misinformation and myth, products such as leather (Saddle) soaps, oil-based Conditioners, Neats-foot oil, and Hide Food still prevail as top sellers, albeit most are made for equestrian tack, Leatherequi, an oil-based product is also a very popular, that is used in a market that is dominated by pigmented leather with an acrylic water-based polythene protective covering; which are very different leathers with completely differing care requirements. The exact reason why this is the case is unclear. It’s possible that there is an association with old world quality (i.e. European automobiles with leather upholstery and real burl wood interiors) with these types of products, despite the fact that the automotive industry has been using water-based polyurethane covered pigmented leather for many years -

See article "Basic Automotive Leather Care" ############# -

Largebore
06-11-2008, 06:58 AM
Good point on the differences between Equestrian leathers and car leathers. Euro equestrian leathers however tend to be pigmented while the US market likes naked leather with no protective coating. Naked leather however will stain and change color once it is used and would be a terrible choice for a car. In fact, naked leather is actually treated with oil to give it it's flexibility and to seal in the colors. Kind of like an old baseball mitt.

Larry A
06-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Has anybody heard of a product for leather called "Leather CPR". Its a jelly that supposed to "bring leather back to life". Ive tried it on shoes and it worked great , but sinse I dont have leather interior I havent tried it on seats.

onexvi3tboi
06-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Hmm...well, my leather just has creases in them. Want to know is there a way to remove and prevent them. Will a seat cover prevent it?

I do use the Pinnacle cleaner and conditioner. But I should use it once a month only? Should I use the cleaner once every other week and use the conditioner every month?

Thx for all feedback.