PDA

View Full Version : Need someone to do a review for me!

Meghan
06-10-2008, 02:04 PM
We will be taking in the Meguiars So1o line due to request. So I need someone to send some products to that will post up a review for all that have not used this before.

Just a few requirements:
*You need to own a Rotary:buffing:
*Able to do and post review within a reasonable amount of time.:D
*Be able and willing to post photos, before and after:Picture:
*Must give honest opinion and let us know your thoughts on it:righton:

If you are up for the job, please reply to this thread and we will pick a lucky winner to receive a starter set up the So1o System by Meguiars.

Rich189
06-10-2008, 02:20 PM
I'd be up to do a review would be great to try it head to head with system one

ZoranC
06-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Just a fair warning: While people have used Solo polish with success on cured paints Meguiar's advertises it for fresh paint only so any negative result on cured paint might be because it was used against manufacturer's recommandation.

bryansbestwax
06-10-2008, 05:10 PM
I would be interested, I think I fit the criteria

zaxjax
06-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Huh?

From Meguiar's site

meguiars.com: Solo One Step Professional Liquid System -- Application Bulletins (http://www.meguiars.com/solo/appbulletins.cfm)

Directions:

Shake Well. Work one section at a time. Always work on a cool, properly cured paint surface. Prepare the surface by using 1500 grit (or finer) DA dry sanding disks or 2000 grit (or finer) wet sanding paper by hand.

I would love to do a review and have a perfect test vehicle. A 2008 Black Yukon Denali with swirls and scratches. Yes, I have a rotary and will use it on this with no hestitation.

I use Menzerna, Optimum, Meguiar's and 3M Polishes. I have been trying to get rid of products to try System One but would love the opportunity to use Meguiar's Solo system.

ZoranC
06-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Huh?

From Meguiar's site

meguiars.com:#Solo One Step Professional Liquid System -- Application Bulletins (http://www.meguiars.com/solo/appbulletins.cfm)

Solo liquid only apply for new paint ??? - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16716)

By Mike Phillips: "Yes, So1o is a fresh paint system for the body shop, collision repair and custom paint industries."

M105 vs M86 - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23305)

By Tim Lingor: "... M86 is indeed designed for fresh paint. So while it may work well on certain cured paints, that is not how it is recommended."

StephenK
06-10-2008, 07:30 PM
i own a rotary (dewalt 849) and i work in a body shop. only problem i would see is the shop not letting me "attack" a new paint job with a "new product". but i could always tell them i got a free sample of it and it is made for the body shop industry. maybe then they will ok me "attacking" customers cars. lmao.

it has been 9 hours since this was first posted and only 6 people want to try to get something for free? what wrong with this? lmao

Anthony Orosco
06-10-2008, 11:34 PM
I agree here with Zoran. Why carry a system designed for fresh paint working and not recommended for cured factory paints when there are literally dozens of products you already carry designed for OEM paints??

I've used it briefly and it works OK on softer OEM paints but not better than a host of other products. It does nothing special over other Meguair products suited for OEM paints. Unless you're gearing it towards body shop people. :confused:

Anthony

Meghan
06-11-2008, 07:01 AM
Why carry a system designed for fresh paint working and not recommended for cured factory paints when there are literally dozens of products you already carry designed for OEM paints??

We are carrying it because it has been requested by several customers. If it fits their needs and they would like us to carry it, then its our responsibility to get it for them. Maybe I am missing the point?

Meghan
06-11-2008, 07:02 AM
I'd be up to do a review would be great to try it head to head with system one

Rich since you were the first taker it yours to review. Just PM me your mailing info.

Dust2Glory
06-11-2008, 07:13 AM
We are carrying it because it has been requested by several customers. If it fits their needs and they would like us to carry it, then its our responsibility to get it for them. Maybe I am missing the point?

No offense to anyone, but mabye people don't really understand the product and the nature for which it was intended. I know there was a big hype about it when System 1 came out and that's what people compared it to. But if it's solely intended for fresh paint correction then it probably won't sell well, and if people did buy it and not get the correction on cured paint that you get from Menzerna or System 1.You'll probably have alot of returns/complaints.

Just my thoughts. :D

Anthony Orosco
06-11-2008, 10:41 AM

I understand a lot of people may have requested the product and you all have every right to sell it but my point, and the point of others, is that this is not a product intended for cured OEM paint but rather paint that is fairly soft, as in not yet fully cured.

Dust2Glory explained it well. So perhaps those people asking for it are not fully aware that it's a product designed mainly for the body shop field? Again it's your right to carry and sell what you please and I hope it does well.

Anthony

Meghan
06-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Just like all Mirror Glaze products, Solo is for body shop use. Many of our products – Menzerna for example – are professional products that were formulated for factory or repaired paint but a lot of people have found they work great for their needs. We do serve a lot of professional detailers as well as hobbyists and we try to offer a lot of selection for all our customers.

ZoranC
06-11-2008, 01:46 PM
I feel it is important to notice that I never said Solo will not work on cured paint or that it's results can not be good on cured paint. IIRC I actually said I know some paint correction gurus that have (against manufacturers recommandation) used it on the cured paint with stunning result (but then on the other hand I have impression those guys could use anything and still end up with results that are as if they used pixie dust).

All I am saying is that if product is tested against cured paint and returns back result that does not repersent it in true light it would be unfair toward manufacturer to post something like that because product was used in manner that is against manufacturer's recommandation.

Just trying to make suggestion so review posted turns out a good and fair job and not accidentally skewed by taking product outside manufacturer's recommandations. That's all.