PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

Cortez W.
06-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Alright I have 3 cars that my friend and I are going to detail and need help on the order to use each product and which products to use
1st car is a 04 tiburon (rally red) and has some swirls and little scratches
2nd car is a 02 Altima (black) and has swirls as well and little scratches
3rd car is a 91 S10 and is navy blue but looks black because of how un-shiny the finish is, it has oxidation on some parts and im sure swirls aswell
the first car we are going to do is the s10 because we are new at buffering and want to practice on something that wont matter if we mess up with that said we need to be pointed in the right direction
we plan to use a paint cleaner/cleaner wax (If anyone has advice on whether the megs cleaner wax 6, or can recommend something better)
second we planned on clay baring then using a polish ( havnt figured out which one to use) next we planned to use megs machine glaze 3? (again if anyone has experience, recommendations)
then a wax which we have not decided on (maybe the PS21 or meg gold class liq)
( would a swirl remover be necessary if the steps mentioned above were done, if so which one)
the other cars we just planned on a cleaner wax, clay bar, polish and/ or glaze, then wax
Any recommendations on what we should do in what order and what products to use?

101impala
06-09-2008, 10:17 PM
One of the biggest questions I have for you is are you working by machine or by hand?

1) wash
2) clay
3) cleaner wax
4) polish
5) protect

Let us know if you are working by hand and machine.

Andy
101impala

Cortez W.
06-10-2008, 07:02 AM
Sorry, yea i guess i did forget to mention that.. ill be using the 7424 i just ordered a little while back

Jimmie
06-10-2008, 10:07 AM
My experience with cleaner wax is it creates as much work as it helps. The cleaner wax combo is the product that causes the most white residue/stain on trim. I always opt for a stand alone cleaner and then wax.

101impala
06-10-2008, 10:29 AM
My experience with cleaner wax is it creates as much work as it helps. The cleaner wax combo is the product that causes the most white residue/stain on trim. I always opt for a stand alone cleaner and then wax.

You could skip the cleaner wax if you wanted to and go to polish after claying.

1)wash
2)clay
3)polish
4)protect
5)maintain

Andy

Jimmie
06-10-2008, 11:05 AM
You could skip the cleaner wax if you wanted to and go to polish after claying.

1)wash
2)clay
3)polish
4)protect
5)maintain

Andy

:iagree: 100%.

Cortez W.
06-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Okay thanks guys how does this sound
meg's wash, megs clay, megs 9, megs 3 then megs 26
Does anyone recommend a better polish then megs 3?
thanks again