PDA

View Full Version : Noob here

Cortez W.
06-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Hello, im new to this site and very interested in detailing my truck and car. i bought a 7424 and i am planning on buying a pad set for it through the site and i want to order some polish and stuff to make the bill over 95 dollars. I was reading some post and there are alot of abbreviations for things and i was wondering if someone could tell me some important ones i should know when reading. I also need a little help with what products to choose as far as cleaner wax, polish, wax, etc. I want to go with a all meg's line so i can purchase it locally when i run out, but if there is a much better but not so expensive alternative on the site let me know thanks

blacknblu
06-09-2008, 08:33 PM
:welcome:
I don't think you'll have a problem reaching the $95 mark :D. There are lots of great products, enjoy yourself.

StephenK
06-09-2008, 09:38 PM
optimum has a good line. prices are not that bad and good results. just a looooong work time with thier polishes. especially with a 7424(pc)

Optimum Polymer Technologies: Advanced Polymer Technology is in every Optimum Car Care Product. opt car care, optimum car wax, optimum car wash, (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-wax.html)

rwisejr
06-10-2008, 05:14 AM
I myself have not tried them but have been seeing positive things about the new Wolfgang lineup !!!

The Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover Kit is the total solution to swirled, hazy paint. If you like the slick, glossy look of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint (http://autogeek.net/wolfgang-swirl-kit.html)

dublifecrisis
06-10-2008, 01:41 PM
if you're new to machine polishing and wantan affordable and reliable lineup, you can't go wrong with Optimum. Opt Compound, Polish, Poli-seal, Opt-seal, Instant Detailer & loss Enhancer, and Car Wax (spray) are all practical products with good support and all the products seem to compliment each other well. Long working time with the polishes, but this also means it's not finicky to heat/sunlight like many/most polishes.