PDA

View Full Version : new guy needs help with black car

wisemonkey
06-09-2008, 07:50 PM
hey guys ? gonna detail my brother in laws car its a black evo with swirls wondering what
will be the best steps to take I already know that i have to wash and clay but what to know
what pads cleaners sealants i will need to make it look like glass. And also have to say that i have very little experience in using a pc (don't have pc yet but am going to buy from AG) ok i don't have no experience using one :buffing:

second ? I own a Colorado blue metallic and want to know what will make it pop and look like its wet. your help will be very appreciative

wisemonkey
06-10-2008, 06:30 AM
Feed back please

AjNavo61490
06-10-2008, 08:39 AM
Hey wise, whats up?

- wash via 2BM and quality wash mitt
- dry via cobra WW guzzler towels
- clay
- polish w/ PC via orange pad using: XMT #3, Menz IP, SSR 2.5, or Meg's M83.
(choose your polish according to price your willing to pay)
- polish w/ PC via white pad using: XMT #1, Menz FF, SSR 1, or Meg's M80.
(choose the same polish series you chose for the step above)
- seal w/ WG DGPS
- LSP w/ Pinn Souveran Paste Wax x2

Good Luck

Jimmie
06-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Hey wise, whats up?

- wash via 2BM and quality wash mitt
- dry via cobra WW guzzler towels
- clay
- polish w/ PC via orange pad using: XMT #3, Menz IP, SSR 2.5, or Meg's M83.
(choose your polish according to price your willing to pay)
- polish w/ PC via white pad using: XMT #1, Menz FF, SSR 1, or Meg's M80.
(choose the same polish series you chose for the step above)
- seal w/ WG DGPS
- LSP w/ Pinn Souveran Paste Wax x2

Good Luck

:iagree::whs: for your car you can substitute Sig Series II (LSP) for the flake pop.

wisemonkey
06-10-2008, 02:32 PM
thanks AjNavo61490 hope to start on it within this month and i will post pics

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-10-2008, 07:32 PM
You would be better off with Menzerna polishes.

wisemonkey
06-10-2008, 08:56 PM
I am not real good with the acronyms but which is Menz FF also what menz can i use on really light swirls

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-11-2008, 01:22 PM
106FF is the final polish, I would purchase SIP and 106FF to clean up light scratches. You can use a white pad with 106FF and then follow up with 106FF on a blue or black pad. You always want to finish with a final polish on a finish pad.

wisemonkey
06-11-2008, 02:02 PM
thanks for your help asphalt rocket hope to get started on the car has soon has the weather get better here in Miami.

ScottB
06-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Menzerna 106FF and SIP // Follow with Four Star UPP Paint Sealant // Optimum Gloss Spray as needed/wanted. Weather is pretty nice in Broward daily .. just hate the afternoon showers.

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-11-2008, 02:49 PM
No problem Wisemonkey, if you have any other questions just pm me.

wisemonkey
06-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Menzerna 106FF and SIP // Follow with Four Star UPP Paint Sealant // Optimum Gloss Spray as needed/wanted. Weather is pretty nice in Broward daily .. just hate the afternoon showers.
now will that four star upp paint sealant make that black car realty shine because thats what my brother in law wants. now i have more choices and all look so good just got to put more stuff in the cart

ScottB
06-11-2008, 02:59 PM
I have used Four Star UPP with and without Souveran as a topper. Its delicious, wet, and shows incredible depth. Trust me you will love this sealant, love how it looks, and how damn easy it is to use.