PDA

View Full Version : Web hosting... Need help

Dust2Glory
06-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Well I need to get my website up and running and need help picking a host. I don't need anything fancy or expensive, as I don't get alot of traffic to my site, just for customers to browse around. So please give links and personal experience. Thanks

Bunky
06-09-2008, 07:25 PM
I use 1and1 but I do not have a real active site. I have not had any issues but I see reviews that their customer service is poor (billing issues, etc.). They seem to have rock solid reliability...always up.

Web Hosting Reviews & Rating - Best Web Hosting 2008 (http://webhostinggeeks.com/)

blacknblu
06-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Well I need to get my website up and running and need help picking a host. I don't need anything fancy or expensive, as I don't get alot of traffic to my site, just for customers to browse around. So please give links and personal experience. Thanks

I suppose it all depends on your site. Do you require any extensions on the server (ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, etc...)? Are you going to be taking orders online, or writing to a database (if so, what kind of database)?

If you are looking for a simple host and already have the domain name, have you considered hosting your own site, or are you better off paying a monthly fee? So many questions :). Without knowing all of your needs, I would point you to Yahoo. They support various platforms, and have a reasonable price. If you go with Yahoo, you can get your domain name through them (or through GoDaddy), so price around the different options.

In the beginning, I used register.com, but wouldn't recommend them due to cost (although their service was quite good). Without knowing your complete needs, it's difficult to make a hard fast recommendation. If I can be of assistance, feel free to shoot me a PM :righton: