PDA

View Full Version : A couple more question before I buy some more product

onexvi3tboi
06-09-2008, 04:35 PM
I detailed my car two weeks ago, this past sunday I did another clean and use the QD to clean the car again. A couple question I have is:

1. I want to get a sealant. People said Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant was good and I'm planning to get that. I wax my car 2 weeks ago. Can I redo a whole detail in two week with the sealant?

2. So I do the same thing I did last time, Wash, Clay car before rinsing and drying. Apply polish lotion, then sealant. Wait a week. Clean car again and apply the pinnacle wax.(I cant wax the car during the weekday because I work all day from 10-8PM.

3. Can I reuse Claybar? Foam Applicator? Foam Pads?

4. How long should I wait after this to do another detail again?

5. What is a good products that OTC for wheel? What step should I take for the wheel?

Thx again for all the feedback and comment.

ScottB
06-09-2008, 05:01 PM
1. Might wanna consider Four Star UPP also ... nice sealant. Cannot go wrong with Wolfgang also.

2. No need to clay again. Wash -- polish or paint cleanse -- protect

3. Yeppers ...

4. Give the sealant 24 hours to cure, then its up to you to top, leave alone, or redetail as you want. Should see 4-10 weeks with just washing.

5. Most OTC wheel products use acid or lye as a cleaning base. Upgrade to a trusted wheel cleaner like DP or P21S. Spray, agitate, stream water. Consider coating with the sealant for long term protection.

onexvi3tboi
06-09-2008, 05:38 PM
1. Hmm...k I'll look into both of those.

2. So No need to clay again? When should I clay again for my next detail?

3. Do I wash the Pads, Applicators? or do i just reuse?

4. Thx, nice to know all that. So in two week should I do the sealant then wax too or no?

5. Okay I'll look into those Wheel Products too

Once again thx. Anymore feedback are still welcome.

ScottB
06-09-2008, 06:07 PM
clay is likely best done once or twice a year at most. If doing more often use the lighter Pinnacle Ultra Clay product.

Pads and applicators should be washed after every use. I use the DP citrus pad wash and then hose off. Hang till dry, then placed in a sealed Ziplock bag till next use.

onexvi3tboi
06-11-2008, 09:24 AM
How about bug spray? Which one should I use right now I use a TW Bug spray but people say they have chemical in them and they aren't good for the car. Which one should I get. planning on another order.

I already have the exterior/interior Pinnacle Car Kit. Which include the shampoo, cleansing lotion, carunaba wax, leather and vinyl cleaner, leather condition, and the rubber and vinyl condition.

On my new order I got the DP Tire and Wheel Combo and the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint sealant 3.0. What else do I need? Which claybar should I get. I already have the Meg clay kit. I'm using that now is that okay?

onexvi3tboi
06-11-2008, 09:47 AM
Is this enough? Check my list please...

67Customs
06-11-2008, 11:47 AM
You can never order enough.

wisemonkey
06-11-2008, 02:34 PM
You can never order enough.:whs:

ScottB
06-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Poorboys Bug Squash is a nice addition too.

onexvi3tboi
06-11-2008, 07:23 PM
How do I use the poorboys bug squash? Do I add it with the Pinnacle shampoo? How much do I add? Soemtime bug don't come off completely on my car that's y i need the poorboys.

ScottB
06-12-2008, 07:30 AM
Poorboys Bug Squash can be used full strength or added to soap (around an ounce) for extra cleaning power.

P21S makes a total wash spray that might also help too , you spray prior to washing. It will remove wax however.