PDA

View Full Version : Detailed: 2000 Dodge Intrepid

Marc08EX
06-08-2008, 07:54 PM
I detailed a 2000 Dodge Intrepid today. I wasn't able to get good before shots that show the minor swirling of the car because of the car's color. But the paint just looked tired and it didn't have that much shine. The owner said that it has barely been waxed since new.

Process:
Turtle Wax ICE car wash via Gilmour Foam Gun
Meguiar's APC+ on tires
Clay
Flex 3401
Meguiar's M80 on Meguiar's polishing pad
Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax
Meguiar's NXT Tech Protectant on trim
Vacuum interior

After the car was done, I drove it over to the owner's garage and he can't stop saying "WOW!" The best compliment that he said was that it looked like new!

I have another appointment next week. I will do his other convertible!!! :righton: :buffing:

I didn't expect to see gold paint to look this wet... What do you guys think??

94LT1
06-08-2008, 08:36 PM
not bad at all.car looks good.its hard to get results from light colors but both of my details i did for my neighbors turned out good and they both saw a difference so just like in ur case it was a nice compliment to me.So how how easy did #80 remove the oxidation?

Marc08EX
06-08-2008, 09:10 PM
not bad at all.car looks good.its hard to get results from light colors but both of my details i did for my neighbors turned out good and they both saw a difference so just like in ur case it was a nice compliment to me.So how how easy did #80 remove the oxidation?

It didn't have oxidation at all. The paint was just dull.

Lumadar
06-09-2008, 02:17 AM
It didn't have oxidation at all. The paint was just dull.
Makes sense- simple every day light scratches and swirls will reduce gloss. The #80 is a great tool to remedy that.

Out of curiosity, how many passes did it take with the #80?

Marc08EX
06-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Makes sense- simple every day light scratches and swirls will reduce gloss. The #80 is a great tool to remedy that.

Out of curiosity, how many passes did it take with the #80?

It was mostly the light swirl marks which made the paint look dull. I only did 1 pass of M80 for the whole car.