PDA

View Full Version : Dg Aw

94LT1
06-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Iv seen multiple posts of people useing Duragloss Aqua wax to seal the wheels.My questions is if u spray it on spoked wheels do u risk a chance of messing the rotors up??or are people spraying a towel or applicator then applying it??

Rsurfer
06-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Iv seen multiple posts of people useing Duragloss Aqua wax to seal the wheels.My questions is if u spray it on spoked wheels do u risk a chance of messing the rotors up??or are people spraying a towel or applicator then applying it??I just spray AW on a foam applicator, a little goes a long way.

Reddwarf
06-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Personally, I use and like Poorboy's Wheel Sealant. But if you are going to use the AW I would do as Rsufer says.

StephenK
06-08-2008, 12:20 AM
if you get AW on your rotors you run the chance of not stopping the first time you try touse your brakes. will leave the rotors slick just like it does your paint

94LT1
06-08-2008, 08:45 AM
if you get AW on your rotors you run the chance of not stopping the first time you try touse your brakes. will leave the rotors slick just like it does your paint
Thats what i figured but i was worried if when they got 2 hot and started to melt the wax off if it would cause the rotors to warp or something 2 that extent.

ScottB
06-08-2008, 10:46 AM
because brake pads are abrasive when contacting the rotor, if would remove any product almost immediately. Just be careful and press the brakes a couple times after first detail.

I dont believe AW will hold up to wheels heat any better than a wax, I too would suggest a paint sealant like DP or Poorboys. You can always use a standard sealant in a pinch too.