PDA

View Full Version : udm ????????

btc624
06-07-2008, 07:18 AM
what has happened to the ultimate detailing machine, I cant seem to find it on autogeek. Did they discontinue this model? If so is the 7424 the same?

ScottB
06-07-2008, 07:31 AM
The UDM is no longer carried at Autogeek. We decided to keep the PC, G110, and Flex ROB as our offerings. The PC is the original random orbital and a proven player. The G110 from Megs is newer and has a bit more power. The Flex is the most powerful ROB and a great choice if you can swing the larger cost.

vinnier6
06-07-2008, 10:22 AM
still seems odd to me that you would keep the pc over the udm being the udm is just a better machine....i have used both, they seem like the same machine to the newbie, but i can tell you with no uncertainty that the machines are not equal...the udm is a better mahcine....

all that said, my next machine will be the flex orbital....

ScottB
06-07-2008, 12:01 PM
please understand in advance, this is my personal opinion owning them all :

The PC is very durable and user friendly. It is the most popular seller. It has succeeded currently and become the Kleenix of buffers. Very few issues, and they last forever.

The UDM while more powerful has had alot of issues initially. The amazing no question warranty has helped it tremendously. Remember the issue with button, handle, and a nice size batch of bad machines. Had it been released two years ago it might have gained PC status, but with the release on the new Flex and alot of rotary owners willing to move back to a Random Orbital and it kinda shrunk its user base.

Who really knows, it might come down to pure profit motives too. I still think its a priveledge to have a choice at Autogeek, and the PC, G110, and Flex more than fit the bill.

tripperfx3
06-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Don't get wrong. My UDM has been great, but with the problems I've had after only 4-5 full details makes me a little wary of it. If I had the money I'd spring from the Flex, but the no questions warranty they have on it has been great. My new UDM ships out on Monday and I E-mailed them yesterday.

vinnier6
06-07-2008, 04:05 PM
please understand in advance, this is my personal opinion owning them all :

The PC is very durable and user friendly. It is the most popular seller. It has succeeded currently and become the Kleenix of buffers. Very few issues, and they last forever.

The UDM while more powerful has had alot of issues initially. The amazing no question warranty has helped it tremendously. Remember the issue with button, handle, and a nice size batch of bad machines. Had it been released two years ago it might have gained PC status, but with the release on the new Flex and alot of rotary owners willing to move back to a Random Orbital and it kinda shrunk its user base.

Who really knows, it might come down to pure profit motives too. I still think its a priveledge to have a choice at Autogeek, and the PC, G110, and Flex more than fit the bill.
pc's dont last forever, and they are just as capable of failing as everything else....

case in point, my friend down the street has had his pc for a little over a year, used it 5 times and the thing took a dump on him....that doesnt sound like forever to me....thanks but no thanks, i will take the udm over the pc....but i would still like to have the flex....

DBNissan
06-13-2008, 10:28 AM
How long will the No Question Warranty on the UDM stay in effect?

Meghan
06-13-2008, 11:03 AM
How long will the No Question Warranty on the UDM stay in effect?

You would need to contact them and ask.
Ultimate Detailing Machine Warranty (http://ultimatedetailingmachine.com/warranty.html)