PDA

View Full Version : About to make a huge order - come see my list!

Anto
06-07-2008, 06:10 AM
Gonna pull the trigger on this one soon. Picking up $300 of stuff from AG if all goes smoothly for me!

Planning on:

6 Low profile orange cutting pads
3 White CCS Smartpads
3 Gray CCS Smartpads
1 Yellow CCS Smartpad
1 Red CCS Smartpad
1 Flex Backing plate
32oz PB SSR 2.5
32oz SSR1
32oz PB PwS
2 Grit Guards
1 Gallon Megs APC
1 Gallon ONR
32oz 303 Aerospace Protectant
32oz 303 High Tech FG
Optimum Leather Protectant
Nattys Blue (as soon as it's back in stock!)

That's my list, I have some other stuff already like a 7424, gallon of DG901, DG AW, foam gun, MF towels, leaf blower, claybar & glass cleaner.

I have some Megs #40 for the dash.

I'm not sure if there's anything else cost-effective for protecting leather - I'm planning to clean it with APC then protect with OLP.

On pad selection, I think I'm alright. I added one yellow just in case & one red for experimenting with removing waxes & such.

Is there anything that you guys think I'd be better off with (adding / removing/changing)? Any must haves? Suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks again!

scooterguitar
06-07-2008, 07:31 AM
I'm not sure on the Opt leather, haven't used it, but I do have numerous others...I love the Wolfgang leather.
I'd maybe add another claybar or two. They tend to get used a lot and I always seem to run out when I need one the most. Speaking of which, I forgot to put some in with my order yesterday!
I am not up on the CCS pads, as I use the Edge for now (I do plan to switch later this summer). I do use all of the cuts on the pads though, not every time, but you never know when you need that extra bite. It would also be nice to have an extra finishing pad or two.

ScottB
06-07-2008, 07:32 AM
If you cannot get the Nattys, the DP Max Wax and Pinnacle SSII make nice substitutes.

Jimmie
06-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Are you set for wheels and tires?

Anto
06-07-2008, 03:05 PM
I would go Edge but the pads are fairly expensive for what you get, I might get some in the future but for now I'm gonna start with regular pads. Gonna toss in another red pad as well.

For clay I get OTC Clay Magic, & wheels and tires I have some brushes , AA tire foam & AA tire gel, DG AW for sealing the wheels. For a more matte finish I use tire foam, for a more glossy one I use AA Tire gel. I have some orange degreaser I dilute for cleaning the wheels & wheelwells, it's been cutting it so far. If that doesn't work, I have access to OTC Oil Eater with no acid in it, which i've used on wheels before with good results.

sal329
06-07-2008, 03:58 PM
For leather I would say the 4 star leather conditioner. I have heard great things bout Pinnacle SSII

Anto
06-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Yeah, as far as leather care i'm looking at fourstar, pinnacle and lexol.

Does anyone know if AG can get apc+? I want to try it over regular apc.