PDA

View Full Version : light dust remover

trenth15
06-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Hey guys, i have a new black car and i wash it about once or twice a week, but about an hour after every wash it just seems like my car is covered in light dust. I have the pinnacle crystal mist, but i dont want to use it every time my car gets a little dusty. I have been just using a microfiber towel and wiping the dust off and i was just wondering if this is bad at all for my car. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.

Also: I saw a product at autozone that is supposed to brush away light dust from paint (the original california super duster). Has anyone used this product and is it any good. Thanx.

Rsurfer
06-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Some like it some don't. It will probably leave streaks on a black car. Almost any otc QD will work, but dont dust with a mf dry. FK425 has anti static properties and will limit the dust. I said limit, not eliminate.

pt91
06-05-2008, 09:57 PM
live with the dust until you can wash it. if not you will be polishing more often. only exception for me with a black car is while showing at a car show/contest.

trenth15
06-05-2008, 10:42 PM
K, thanx for all the help guys...

lethalxls1
06-12-2008, 09:43 PM
I have a black car and the california duster works great for me. I have talked to others with black cars who have good results as well. As with any product you must read the directions-usually those who get bad results dont read the directions. When you get the duster open it and sit it on newspaper and let it cure for 24-48 hours. The more you use it the better the results. Good luck BTW-I got mine at wal mart for $10