PDA

View Full Version : Oh My G

img
06-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Spent 12 hours yesterday(finished at 1:30 this morning) on my car that was already pretty good (for a 2000)--sent pics last week.

4-stepped it (pinnacle sov paste--I know it's$, but if you haven't tried it,
you owe it to yourself).

Anyway, took the car to the MB dealer for minor service--also gave them some of my cards (they were impressed with the car--not to sound immodest).

Guess what they did--yeah, when I went outside, it had water dripping off--looked like someone poured a bucket of dirty water on it--yeah, you know some 16-year old kid mking #6 bucks an hour--using the same dirty towel with the harsh detergent soap, was proud of himself when he was done.

Stupid is as stupid does!

Shine on!

Major Mike

Where's the icon for inserting pics?(only one I see goes to URL?)

wytstang
06-05-2008, 11:57 AM
That sucks man, I would leave a sign on the steering wheel next time stating not to wash the car what so ever.

FairladyZ
06-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Ugh. I feel your pain on that one. I work for a Porsche dealer and cringe every time I go past the wash line.... There's not a snowball's chance in hell I'd let any of the porters wash a car I'd just done.

M3Cosmos
06-05-2008, 01:53 PM
I tell all the shops my car goes in not to wash my car. My father does the same thing with his Jag.

The one thing that kills us is the use of acidic cleaner on the wheels that strips off the sealant/wheelwax.

Unfortunately that's just the way it is and it's good enough for most of the public. :(