PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO alternatives

Pages : [1] 2

emaxxman
07-25-2006, 09:57 PM
OK, I think I'm almost set. Here's my current list for my next order:

Grit guard
Blue and white polishing pads (already have some but want extra)
DP or Optimum no rinse wash
Wolfgang leather conditioner
Poorboy's EX-P sealant
Poorboy's S&G
Originally, I was going to get Klasse AIO and SG. However, they require shade or a garage for application. That's a luxury that I don't always have. Therefore, I've decided on the Poorboys EX-P sealant.

What is a good Klasse AIO alternative...specifically, I'm looking for a non-abrasive polish alternative.

I already have Meguiar's DACP and Speed Glaze for abrasive polishes. Is Poorboy's Professional Polish a non-abrasive AIO alternative?

http://www.autogeek.net/pbpp16.html

Its description says it "minimizes scratches and swirls" so I was wondering if it's abrasive or not.

What about DP Final Finishing Polish or Wolfgang Prewax Polish Enhancer? Those seem like non-abrasive choices as well. How are they in full sun applications?

wytstang
07-25-2006, 11:27 PM
You can use AIO in the sun, I use it all the time with no ill effects. It's a WOWO product so you don't leave it there to dry. You do a panel then wipe down the panel.....

3Dog
07-25-2006, 11:30 PM
Klasse AIO should be left to dry (haze)...SG can be used in the WOWO method.

wytstang
07-25-2006, 11:53 PM
Nope

Easy Application. Simply wipe on and wipe off, car care doesn’t get any easier. Use a Cobra Microfiber Detailing Cloth to make the job even easier. One folded towel is also perfect for applying a thin film of Klasse All-In-One. Use a second towel to wipe area and remove residue. There is no need to wait for the polish to dry or haze. We recommend using this polish in sections on your vehicle or boat, applying and wiping off as you make your way around all surface areas. Turning and refolding the applicator towel frequently will ensure maximum results.

ScottB
07-26-2006, 06:22 AM
I think most have proven the Klasse AIO and SG are quite versatile. They can be used as WOWO (with SG it is easiest for removal) and allowing to dry/haze. I would not use SG in direct sunlight however.

Most of the products that are similar are likely to be "best" used in shade or garage also. With a cool finish, you can work them longer. Most use some light abrasives (like WG and DP Finishing polishes) and some use chemical cleaners (AIO). I believe Poorboys ProPolish is a combo of both.

scooterguitar
07-26-2006, 09:35 AM
AIO let me down last week! Doing a fresh prep on black. The AIO left haziness for some reason, I couldn't get it out! I tried QD and everything, no luck. Finally went over the AIO with a cleaner and it looked fine. I have never had that type of trouble with it!

former86camaro
07-26-2006, 09:55 AM
AIO has been working great in Florida for me. My buddy loved how it cleaned up his 98 bird and then topped with DP Sealant. Seems to work well, in sun/shade.

Surfer
07-26-2006, 09:58 AM
How are you guys applying AIO? I just put some on a yellow foam pad and apply like a wax and buff off. I tried doing it by PC but didn't seem to work well. The pads seem to absorb the AIO and felt like I was just "dry buffing" I guess you could say. Plus my truck is white which makes it kinda hard to use, I found spots days later that I had missed even though I went over buffing a few times to make sure, it blends with a white paint lol.

scooterguitar
07-26-2006, 10:05 AM
Same old way I always have, with a pad wowo, never had troubles before.

FloridaNative
07-26-2006, 10:40 AM
I believe that PB's Pro Polish is just a cleaner without abrasives, but let me go and grab my bottle just to be certain. Meg's #9 is a really good paint cleaner too. It makes the paint squeak literally, you just have to be super careful with the trim because it does stain. Hang on and let me grab my pro polish....Okay I'm back! Dang, now I don't know. From reading the back it's hard to tell. Here is what it says on the label....

Poorboy's Professional Polish is a specially formulated product for the professional as well as everyday people. This special formula has no wax and no silicone. "Body Shop Safe". Poorboy's Professional Polish can be used in the sun. It removes oxidation, road grime and returnes the surface back to it's original smooth, shiny and easy to maintain finish. It will also remove fine scratches, swirl marks, bird dropping and water stains (acid rain). Can be used on freshly painted surfaces as a final polish (usually from wet/dry sanded 2000 grit). It is safe on all paints, clearcoats, plastics and glass. Poorboy's Professional Polish can be used by hand, professional buffer or polisher. Poorboy's Professional Polish can be used on all types of metals as a de-oxidizer and restorere including: Aluminum, brass, copper, stainless steel, gold , silver, chrome (which is really a plating), and Lead (older paints).

It does say that it can remove some light swirls so maybe it has abrasives?? But it also says for deeper swirls, scratches and oxication to use SSR1

I've always thought it was just a solvent cleaner, but now I'm not sure. You know what, let me ask Steve and I'll post the reply.

ShimShimHada
07-26-2006, 10:41 AM
ZAINO! It can be applied in direct sunlight!

emaxxman
07-26-2006, 01:29 PM
Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.

Nothing adds to the taste of love like peanut butter...or whipped cream...or chocolate syrup...or...:righton: ooops! Am I revealing too much? :D

What were we talking about again? :confused:

FloridaNative
07-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Nothing adds to the taste of love like peanut butter...or whipped cream...or chocolate syrup...or...:righton: ooops! Am I revealing too much? :D

What were we talking about again? :confused:

Don't forget honey! YUM

FloridaNative
07-26-2006, 01:32 PM
Ok emaxxman I have a definitive answer for you now. Pro polish does have abrasives. This is Steve from Poorboys reply to my email....

Hi Jennifer,

Pro Polish has micro-abrasives ...they can barely be felt by hand, but
they are there to work with the chemical cleaners.

Steve

So there you go. :)

scooterguitar
07-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Wow FN, is that your photo?