My plan...
wash
clay
siwrl/polish
fine polish
then wash...this work ok?LSP?

Jimmie
06-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Perfect. See, you haven't forgotten a thing. Like riding a bike.

scooterguitar
06-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Ha, thanks! Clayed and ready to polish! Can I polish in the hot sun?
LSP will be Wolf glaze followed by Wolf Sealer, then a day or two add some Max Wax or Souv.

Rsurfer
06-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Ha, thanks! Clayed and ready to polish! Can I polish in the hot sun?
LSP will be Wolf glaze followed by Wolf Sealer, then a day or two add some Max Wax or Souv.If you use Poorboys

ScottB
06-04-2008, 06:07 PM
I would not polish in direct hot sunlight, even products like Optimum and Poorboys offer as such. Use a tent or shade as polish might flash to quickly and fail to finish up properly.

scooterguitar
06-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Whew, sorta done, at least for tonight. I forgot how loooong a big truck takes. 8 hours, plus gotta wax in the AM.

I hit it with Optimum compound with the green pad, PB 2 and DP Swirl with the green. Followed by a final polish I wanted to use up. I didn't do the Wolf Glaze, as I didn't know if I had to wash before the glaze (after the polish of course) or after the glaze? Then Wolf sealer, old version.

I still can see some scratches, but it is much better. I remember when I first did my old Durango it took maybe 3 times before all the scratches and swirls were out. So I have lots of playing left to do!

Side note...I fried my Edge pad...I had used it about 3 times and the center literally melted a little and got a small tear. I had called Edge when it happened and they were jerks to me basically as the pads were basically new. Today it just shredded! So I need a new blue. Should I keep going with Edge or try something else? I do like the quick change, but those new Cobras look pretty schweet.

Lastly, what is a great pair of polishes for simplicity? For medium swirls and final polish? I'd love to just drop down a pad and not keep swapping polishes.

Thanks everybody!

Rsurfer
06-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Whew, sorta done, at least for tonight. I forgot how loooong a big truck takes. 8 hours, plus gotta wax in the AM.

I hit it with Optimum compound with the green pad, PB 2 and DP Swirl with the green. Followed by a final polish I wanted to use up. I didn't do the Wolf Glaze, as I didn't know if I had to wash before the glaze (after the polish of course) or after the glaze? Then Wolf sealer, old version.

I still can see some scratches, but it is much better. I remember when I first did my old Durango it took maybe 3 times before all the scratches and swirls were out. So I have lots of playing left to do!

Side note...I fried my Edge pad...I had used it about 3 times and the center literally melted a little and got a small tear. I had called Edge when it happened and they were jerks to me basically as the pads were basically new. Today it just shredded! So I need a new blue. Should I keep going with Edge or try something else? I do like the quick change, but those new Cobras look pretty schweet.

Lastly, what is a great pair of polishes for simplicity? For medium swirls and final polish? I'd love to just drop down a pad and not keep swapping polishes.

Thanks everybody!I would go with the 5.5" ccs pads in orange, white and maybe a black for final polish. The 5.5" works better on a PC than the 6.5" pads. You will actually see your pad spin for the first time. As far as polishes goes, Menzerna SIP and 106ff and PO85rd if your are really anal about the finish. If not, skip the 85rd as the 106 will finish lsp ready.

Jimmie
06-04-2008, 09:28 PM
A great pair of polishes for simplicity are Menzerna SIP (medium swirls) and Menzerna 106FF (final polish). They were developed for hard clearcoats but work well on all CC. They work well with less aggressive pads. Only downside is $$.

scooterguitar
06-05-2008, 06:51 AM
Putting my order together.
This Menz package?
Menzerna Intro Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-intro-kit.html)
Are they the same products you guys said? Doesn't make sense, the kit comes with more products and is $20 cheaper.

dublifecrisis
06-05-2008, 10:12 AM
not the same, but those are good too. That intro kit is for NON cerami-clear I think and not quite as agressive as the Super IP.