PDA

View Full Version : Few specific ?'s

scooterguitar
06-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Ok, gonna start my Avalanche today...
For the grey plastic body parts...I got them all clean and restored ( a secret mix I found a few years back for this specific vehicle)...MY ? for the body armour is now that they are looking great again, can I use a sealer over the dressings on them? If so, think Klasse grey bottle would be the best for longevity, or something else?

Second...the swirl marks...can I use a medium swirl remover (such as my old DP) and then just go with the old Wolfgang finishing glaze? Or will that not be enough steps? Basically I used to do 3-4 polishes prgressing down before protecting, but with the new baby coming I am looking to strat cutting out a few steps if possible.
I think I will start with the orange pad?

pt91
06-04-2008, 10:02 AM
if the plastic panels are clean i would use ultima trim/tire guard. if they have any stains i would use black wow. i have found those two to be the most effective and longest lasting products on plastic.

dublifecrisis
06-04-2008, 10:34 AM
I think Avalanche paint is pretty tough. I did one a while back and required 2 passes with Intensive polish and orange pads then I finished with Final Polish on a white pad and NXT 2.0 on a grey pad. The plastic pieces on this one were custom painted to match the truck so can't ofder anything there. I would think Black WOW.

dionnfr
06-04-2008, 12:34 PM
As a previous owner of an 2003 Avalanche I ended up using Gatorback on my plastic, works wonders. www.gatorback.com

scooterguitar
06-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Thnak guys.
The panels are looking great, I was just thinking an actual sealer on top might help more?

Gonna fire up the polisher here after while, been a looong time for me!