PDA

View Full Version : Zymol and Swissol?

Demonicus666
07-25-2006, 09:43 PM
Why are Zymol and Swizol or Swissol so expensive?? Is it becuase of there high white (ivory) Carnuba content?? Also does the more expensive brands mean better products??? Such as better protection or better waxes what have you???
Thanks.

scooterguitar
07-25-2006, 10:18 PM
I am going stay fairly silent on this one.
No, more exspensive does not mean better protection.
I am on the outward edge of trying tons of nubas with only a few more on my list to try.
I will say I like Swissol's Cleaner FLuid, very nice prewax with lots of richness.
For under $100, my favs (so far): Souveran, CG 50/50, NB, and Max Wax. I am beginning to use different waxes for certain things I am trying to achieve. Anymore, durability is not an issue. I assume hwen the Ohio winter coems, I will use Wolfgang sealer or Collinite, but for now I could care less about durability. Most nubas will render around 4 weeks of good protection +/- a few weeks depending on conditions. Of course there are exceptions.

supercharged
07-25-2006, 10:34 PM
Toys for millionaires... It's probably a little better........but look how much you are paying for that little....

Demonicus666
07-25-2006, 11:10 PM
I see I see I just see people prasing Zymol and Swissol, and Im like gee I can find equal or better products priced cheaper and with the same value as the big boys are. Thats what I think any way just my own opinion

ScottB
07-26-2006, 06:36 AM
Zymols claim to fame is the high use of natural ingredients. (coconut oil, milk, and so on) What has always gotten me is most of their reasonable priced waxes are not ivory carnuaba (not till you get to the new Ital, or original concours which is a mix) and are highly suggested to be installed by hand. Having tried it .... its not as fun as one would think. Also their high carnuaba content seems to be amiss, as most industry figures agree that about 35-40 carnuaba is the maximum you can get into spreadable form, especially considering VOC regs have reduced the use of mineral spirits and other items that break it down into usuable form.

Swissol has some pending legal issues, not sure if rumor or fact. But it appears that they have copied Zymol to a point where they are being sued in several areas. It appears Zymol is screaming that "someone stole the coronels recipe".

I can tell you that side by side, Zymol Concours at 164.00 versus Souveran at 59.99, you wont be able to tell me the difference. Would be interesting for someone to put Nattys Blue at 15.99 against their Carbon wax at 59.99 and see if theres a difference.

FloridaNative
07-26-2006, 10:55 AM
Ay Killr! You are a wealth of knowledge! Thank you so much for your post my friend. :cheers: