PDA

View Full Version : Spraypaint-is there ant hope?

lethalxls1
06-03-2008, 05:37 PM
I got a call from my cousin today and she was very upset. She went in Walmart for 10 minutes -and when she came out someone had spraypainted "class of 08" down the side of her car. Its just pathetic how some "people" ruin others property for no reason. Anyways, I was hoping someone might know of a product or process to remove the spraypaint? Her car is silver and I believe they used black paint(if that matters) Thanks for any help you can give me in advance.

She lives in the Tampa area if anyone can suggest someone to take it to.

ScottB
06-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Graffiti Remover ... its a paint remover sold locally.

lethalxls1
06-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks!!

nrengle
06-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Kids these days have no respect! I swear I must've been one of the last generations to have their parents whip them, and teach them how to be a proper functioning member of society. I see it a lot in my line of work, with kids yelling at their parents that they want such and such concert T-shirt, and just being a general ass till they get their way.

I swear when I have kids they are going to get the same thing I did, grounded, privilages taken away, whipped, and serious punishment (paint the house with a 3 inch brush, til garden by hand with a shovel and hoe only type crap!)

Anyways sorry for the hijack.

Al-53
06-03-2008, 08:05 PM
I would be careful using a grafitti remover on car paint..it is a paint remover....so may soften auto paint or even remove it to a point....read the product befor buying and make sure its car paint safe....call a autobody supply and ask them what to use ..they may have a product to use thats safer

you may even get it off with a polish/cleaner product...like DACP...

Al

lethalxls1
06-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks everyone -some good points being made.

AUdakota
06-03-2008, 10:19 PM
I have taken off spray paint overspray with clay, I dont think a polish would have too much problem taking it off depending on how thick the paint was layed down.

HighEndDetail
06-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Graffiti Remover ... its a paint remover sold locally.

I used that last month, when some jackazz sprayed my trailer. It work ok, then used
Lacquer thinner which worked the best

mini titan
06-04-2008, 07:22 AM
Try to get xylene. Home Depot has it in the paint section.
It is a chemical we use to take graffiti off in the sign buisness.

NOTE: TEST IN SMALL AREA FIRST!!!!

Larry A
06-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Ive tried lacquer thinner and it works, the question is weather it will hurt the good paint. It didnt hurt the good paint for me , just try it , and dont wate to long . The longer you wate the harder it will be to remove.

David Fermani
06-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Spray paint is probably one of or the easiest types of paint to remove from a vehicle finish. Almost any solvent that's safe for vehicle paint will usually wipe it right off without any effort. I don't suggest using a clay bar because it will most likely clog up and ruin your clay and will take alot longer.