PDA

View Full Version : XMT360 - Durability?

bandgeek99
06-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Typically, how long does XMT360 last? Not on the shelf, on the vehicle how long does the protection last?

FairladyZ
06-03-2008, 09:14 AM
I've been wondering this myself. I have it, but I've yet to use it. I seem to be leaning more towards synthetic glazes & sealents lately.

ScottB
06-03-2008, 09:15 AM
I have found around 5-6 weeks on its own, but can be kept up longer when using the Souveran Spray Wax on it.

bandgeek99
06-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the reply killr.

I usually judge the protection based on beading. In this case, there was exactly one week between application and maintenance wash and the beading during the washing was pretty pathetic compared to the beading we'd seen earlier in the week during the rain.

After seeing that, I put a coat of Aquawax on it and it made a big difference in looks and my experience tells me that will help with the beading too.

Anyone know how best to measure the protection?

FairladyZ
06-03-2008, 10:01 AM
I guage on the beading as well.
5-6 weeks sounds alright. I'm going to try it out on one of the Audi's the weekend. We shall see!

ScottB
06-03-2008, 12:23 PM
not to change subject, but products like NXT and Megs 135 and Ultimate Exterior Detailer sheet water versus bead, does that mean the protection had lapsed ??

dengood1
06-03-2008, 12:30 PM
not to change subject, but products like NXT and Megs 135 and Ultimate Exterior Detailer sheet water versus bead, does that mean the protection had lapsed ??

I think what is being said is that it beads up initially, then fades away. If it beads first instead of sheeting, then it should continue to bead and if the beading fades quickly then most likely your protection is fading as well. If the product is intended to sheet (NXT), then it will be harder to tell when the protection is gone(at least in my experience.). Aquawax is an awesome follow-up to 360 and will certainly add to the protection. Also, in my experience, Aquawax will outlast 360 as well, although 360 is in my arsenal for different reasons. I just used it on my wheels with a powerball and the gloss and slickness were awesome. Now I'm going to follow it up with some Optiseal;)

bandgeek99
06-03-2008, 12:36 PM

I assume not. That is also why I assume judgment on beading performance is not very accurate.

But what other measure(s) do we have to gauge the protection still on the vehicle?

And if we allow this thread digression to progress, which is better - beading or sheeting?

bandgeek99
06-03-2008, 12:39 PM
I think what is being said is that it beads up initially, then fades away. If it beads first instead of sheeting, then it should continue to bead and if the beading fades quickly then most likely your protection is fading as well. If the product is intended to sheet (NXT), then it will be harder to tell when the protection is gone(at least in my experience.). Aquawax is an awesome follow-up to 360 and will certainly add to the protection. Also, in my experience, Aquawax will outlast 360 as well, although 360 is in my arsenal for different reasons. I just used it on my wheels with a powerball and the gloss and slickness were awesome. Now I'm going to follow it up with some Optiseal;)

Excellent post! This is where I was going, and the info about AW is most appreciated as well. Can I ask what you are using the 360 for beside wheels? Do you use sealants, and if so which do you prefer?

Thanks! :cheers:

dengood1
06-03-2008, 12:44 PM
But what other measure(s) do we have to gauge the protection still on the vehicle? feel, or touch(slickness)

And if we allow this thread digression to progress, which is better - beading or sheeting? Doesn't matter, as long as it's protected:) Most people prefer something that beads due to the fact you can see when it's time to re-apply your lsp.

dengood1
06-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Excellent post! This is where I was going, and the info about AW is most appreciated as well. Can I ask what you are using the 360 for beside wheels? Do you use sealants, and if so which do you prefer?

Thanks! :cheers:
I use 360 for it's cleaning ability mostly. It removes any old wax, sealant and cleans up the surface and makes it glossy and slick(too bad it doesn't last a little longer as it's a really nice look). It also has the uncanny ability to make minor scratches vanish(like below the door handles where scratches seem to appear). Works great on plastic pieces too (bug shields, etc.). And yes, I definitely use sealants with DP and Wolfgang being some of my favorites.

bandgeek99
06-03-2008, 01:02 PM
I use 360 for it's cleaning ability mostly. It removes any old wax, sealant and cleans up the surface and makes it glossy and slick(too bad it doesn't last a little longer as it's a really nice look). It also has the uncanny ability to make minor scratches vanish(like below the door handles where scratches seem to appear). Works great on plastic pieces too (bug shields, etc.). And yes, I definitely use sealants with DP and Wolfgang being some of my favorites.

Thanks for that and your previous post about using touch to gauge the protection.

I've been using 360 & Klasse for sealants and Klasse definitely lasts longer, but I liked the look of 360 better.

Do you know of anything that looks like 360 but lasts say twice as long (so ~3 months)?

Do you have any pics of a vehicle with DP and/or Wolfgang sealants?

Thanks again. You have been very helpful! :goodpost:

dengood1
06-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Thanks for that and your previous post about using touch to gauge the protection.

I've been using 360 & Klasse for sealants and Klasse definitely lasts longer, but I liked the look of 360 better.

Do you know of anything that looks like 360 but lasts say twice as long (so ~3 months)?

Do you have any pics of a vehicle with DP and/or Wolfgang sealants?

Thanks again. You have been very helpful! :goodpost:
Klasse is known as the most durable sealants on the market, but looks "sterile". DP, Wolfgang, Duragloss will give you more depth but probably won't last as long(Duragloss maybe). I hear great things about Duragloss 105 and 111, but I have yet to use them. If you look on AG's website for DP sealant and Wolfgang sealant it will tell you all about them and have pictures as well.:cheers:

dengood1
06-03-2008, 02:45 PM
DP Premium Surface Shield Paint Sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-paint-sealant.html)

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant delivers a deep, wet, liquid shimmer unlike anything you can imagine. (http://www.autogeek.net/wg5500.html)

bandgeek99
06-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks again!