PDA

View Full Version : Poli-Seal vs KAIO

94LT1
06-01-2008, 04:57 PM
i probably have 2-4 more applications left of KAIO. i was wondering if i were to switch to Poli-Seal w/ a white LC pad would it still clean as well as KAIO w/ the same pad.Im also the understanding that Poli-Seal does a little bit of correction which for me is fine.I just dont want to use swirlremover because i dont have the knowledge to determin if the clear coat is thick enough or not.I also read it polishes very nicely and should give a nice glossy look.I use KAIO after im done washing or claying if the vehicle needed it.Does Poli-Seal stain trim??So would Poli-Seal be able to replace KAIO and do the same job if not better?If i want the finish to last 3-5 months should i top it with a sealant like DG105?

zaxjax
06-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Poli-Seal does not stain trim, and it does some correction depending on your pad of choice. It does a good job cleaning, and is a good base for a sealant.

94LT1
06-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Poli-Seal does not stain trim, and it does some correction depending on your pad of choice. It does a good job cleaning, and is a good base for a sealant.
well thats good.I dont wont 2 use anything more aggressive then a LC white pad.I just want to prep the paint for a good sealant.Cause right now im useing KAIO a polish then a sealant.If i could cut it to 2 steps that could save me some time.

zaxjax
06-01-2008, 05:18 PM
It will save you time if your just doing a wash and wax/sealant job. If I'm charging decent money for a detail, I don't skip paint correction work.

If it's a wash and wax/sealant than you will do just fine. Buy the Poli-Seal by the gallon.

94LT1
06-01-2008, 05:23 PM
It will save you time if your just doing a wash and wax/sealant job. If I'm charging decent money for a detail, I don't skip paint correction work.

If it's a wash and wax/sealant than you will do just fine. Buy the Poli-Seal by the gallon.
In my experience a waxed car with out some sort of prep doesnt look very good at all.i just want to wash (clay if needed) Poli-Seal, then LSP.i charge more if i clay.If Poli-Seal can eliminate my KAIO and cheap Polish then im fine with that. So far my neighbors have loved the results.

Strokin04
06-01-2008, 05:57 PM
PM sent

zaxjax
06-01-2008, 06:43 PM
I have several clients that don't want to pay for paint correction, and are fine with a wash and wax. Who am I to say no?

I agree with you about not prepping but you didn't mention anything about polishing or paint correction.

94LT1
06-01-2008, 07:06 PM
I have several clients that don't want to pay for paint correction, and are fine with a wash and wax. Who am I to say no?

I agree with you about not prepping but you didn't mention anything about polishing or paint correction.
O i understand that people wouldnt want to pay because they just dont understand and think its not worth the money.I dont do paint correction.It started with my next door neighbor.he wanted me to clean up the paint and make it look good. So on hand i had KAIO Glare professional Polish and Vitero(Sealant).i used those 3 things and now other neighbors want the same results for there car.i wont do paint correction because i dont want the liability plus id have to charge more. So far my prices havent scare anyone away so im just gonna stick with them since this is just a hobby.

Dust2Glory
06-01-2008, 08:44 PM
be careful... cause a hobby like this will turn into an obsession!!! you'll eventually want MORE out of your details and end up spending hundreds of more dollars!!!!

94LT1
06-01-2008, 08:58 PM
be careful... cause a hobby like this will turn into an obsession!!! you'll eventually want MORE out of your details and end up spending hundreds of more dollars!!!!
Lol.nah im 20 and still live at home while going to community college and working 30 hours a week.i have off on the weekends and i can only detail 1 day because my other half would give me S*** if i didnt spend atleast 1 day of the weekend with her.lol.I asked my dad to keep an eye on me and so far hes been watching me like a hawk everytime i make a purchase.i cant buy anything else till i run out of other products.He has a good way of makeing me feel bad for spending to much money.i actually plan on going with cheaper products like DG105 and Poli-Seal and it will deffinetly help cut my costs down.

Jimmie
06-02-2008, 12:41 AM
Here's a mix to amp up your Poli-Seal and get a little more correction while keeping it an AIO. 75% Poli-Seal/ 25% Opt. Polish.