PDA

View Full Version : UDM problem

tripperfx3
05-31-2008, 12:10 AM
I was finishing up my last customers car today and the UDM seemed to start making a weird clicking noise and even at speed 6 seemed like it was going at speed 4. If I put it on speed 1 and put it against the paint (no pressure of course) it would barely move. It was also emitting a weird smell. To be honest it was almost pine scented and yes I'm sure it was coming from the UDM. Has anyone had any experience with this or heard of this happening? I haven't even had it a year (got it just before Xmas) and I've barely used it, I think maybe 6-7 times, as the weather has been weird and keeping my customers at bay for a full detail. Any help is appricated.

Bunky
05-31-2008, 07:22 AM
Contact Lynn at Perfect Shine. They will send you a replacement and then you send back yours.

ScottB
05-31-2008, 07:30 AM
unfortunately I have heard this once prior, without the pinesol scent. Luckily they are quite good with warranty.

tripperfx3
05-31-2008, 12:50 PM
Contact Lynn at Perfect Shine. They will send you a replacement and then you send back yours.
How do I get in touch with Lynn? Also I bought it from Autogeek. I know its not their problem and not saying it is I just wasn't sure if I needed to go though them.

wytstang
05-31-2008, 04:35 PM
I would see if AG can take it back and instead of a new one put some coin in and pick up a Flex instead. .02