PDA

View Full Version : Paste Wax

94LT1
05-31-2008, 12:04 AM
iv used liquid wax for 2 years now and im looking to start useing paste sometime soon when i run out of my current stuff.My question is what waxes are soft like butter. Because the last time i used paste it was hard and chalky and i had to scrape it out.price range wise im looking at probably 0-$40.So let me no which paste r soft.

Lasthope05
05-31-2008, 12:14 AM
Max wax is as smooth as butter...and so is nattys blue..Great looking waxes but not so durable.

94LT1
05-31-2008, 12:22 AM
Max wax is as smooth as butter...and so is nattys blue..Great looking waxes but not so durable.
ya liquid wax doesnt last very long either.and iv done enough research to learn that most canaubas arent going to last very long.iv been looking into Max Wax, Natty blue, P21S, SSII, Lusso Oro, and Meg#26

trhland
05-31-2008, 05:09 AM
souveran is my my all time favorite paste wax!! also lusso and sig series 2 are great as well. i just did my truck with lusso the other day and wow!! what a glossy shine!! easy on easy off.

ScottB
05-31-2008, 07:31 AM
most pure carnaubas are hard in the jar, but warm quite easily after a few passes with a foam applicator.

94LT1
05-31-2008, 09:53 AM
souveran is my my all time favorite paste wax!! also lusso and sig series 2 are great as well. i just did my truck with lusso the other day and wow!! what a glossy shine!! easy on easy off.
is SSII and Lusso softer waxes??

most pure carnaubas are hard in the jar, but warm quite easily after a few passes with a foam applicator.
well i opened a jar of Mothers pure Carnuaba and its as had r a rock.

ScottB
05-31-2008, 11:10 AM
but did you circle the top of the can with a foamy a couple of times ?? As long as it transferred wax to the pad, you are ready to go. It wont miraculously soften the entire jar just enough for application.

Remember the solvent count is lower in pastes versus liquids as it does not have to be held in liquid form. Thus a paste wax, even Mothers, is hard in the jar/can.

You will note a difference in ease of application when using the Pinnacle pastes, DP pastes, and even the Poorboys pastes which are all offered at Autogeek. SSII and Souveran as the best of the best !

supercharged
05-31-2008, 11:53 AM
P21S wax is soft, but it lacks on durability. DP Max Wax or Pinnacle SSII goes on and off like butter. get one of those.

wytstang
05-31-2008, 04:30 PM
For a paste wax that gives good looks and decent durability I would choose MaxWax out of what AG carries.

Evenflow
05-31-2008, 05:45 PM
Interesting topic, which raises some feedback from me. The only liquid wax I have is CMW, all of my others seem to be paste. Interesting trend.

Jimmie
05-31-2008, 08:55 PM
IMO most paste waxes are easier and quicker to use than most liquid waxes. Use to be just the opposite, but not any more.
Disclaimer: still haven't tried Collinite or used #16.

Rsurfer
05-31-2008, 08:58 PM
For 30 bucks I would also go with Max wax. Soft like butter, easy on, easy off.

67Customs
05-31-2008, 09:42 PM
P21s is definitely the easier past wax I have ever applied and it looks great. However, it lacks durability like others have said. I always apply it over a sealant.

Collinite 476s is also a great paste was. It does on easy. It is harder to get of than P21s, but not that hard at all. Durability is great with it.

94LT1
05-31-2008, 10:54 PM
Thanks everyone for the input.i was personally leaning toward DP and SSII before i posted but i wanted to make sure i was choosing the right wax for my needs.