PDA

View Full Version : Grey Pad And Soveran

Pages : [1] 2

BILL
07-25-2006, 04:38 PM
'Whats the best way to get the soveran paste wax on the 6.5 grey pad for application......:confused:

Waxmax
07-25-2006, 04:45 PM
I've seen detailers use a putty knife or even rub it on with fingers, but I apply pastes by hand...sometimes use the WG pad holder.

BILL
07-25-2006, 04:47 PM
I've seen detailers use a putty knife or even rub it on with fingers, but I apply pastes by hand...sometimes use the WG pad holder.

i apply by hand also, but just thought i'd like to try my grey pad with the wax application and blue for removing....or.maybe a liquid soveran?

Rapidity
07-25-2006, 04:50 PM
I've seen people take the entire paste block out of the tub and rub it on the pad.

BILL
07-25-2006, 04:56 PM
I've seen people take the entire paste block out of the tub and rub it on the pad.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez really????????:confused: seems cruel and barbaric

Totoland Mach
07-25-2006, 05:21 PM
I take the entire contents and place it in the lid for application to a pad. When I'm finished, take the jar upside down and screw the lid on...easy.

Totoland Mach

BILL
07-25-2006, 05:44 PM
I take the entire contents and place it in the lid for application to a pad. When I'm finished, take the jar upside down and screw the lid on...easy.

Totoland Mach

That's good one...... i'll try that...thanks.......;)

ScottB
07-25-2006, 05:56 PM
I gotta ask .... why use a pad and buffer ?? Souveran comes off like butter, and application is just as easy. Dont you think you are wasting product in the manner of "buttering" up a pad ???

BILL
07-25-2006, 06:13 PM
I gotta ask .... why use a pad and buffer ?? Souveran comes off like butter, and application is just as easy. Dont you think you are wasting product in the manner of "buttering" up a pad ???

your right........what the h--l came over me.:confused: ......but.i have to find a use for this grey and blue pad before it drives me crazy:D

HELP..........

dengood1
07-25-2006, 06:26 PM

Actually, I've found that "tapping" the tub of wax until the cylinder of wax comes out halfway(slowly) then squeezing the sides of the tub to hold it while applying to the pad-- works very well. Tip--hold the wax up and rub the pad on the wax, not the other way around. This will prevent you from dropping the cylinder of wax on the floor if it slips out of the tub. You don't need much-- I did my entire car with two or three applications on the pad like this and did it in 1/4 the time as doing by hand. I removed by hand or mf bonnet on finishing pad on the PC. MF bonnet/PC removal takes 1/2 the time as well. Just a thought. Or as someone mentioned tapping the wax out of the tub into a ziplock bag to apply to the pad. Just my thoughts......:)

blkyukon
07-25-2006, 07:14 PM

No not really. I actually use less and get more even coats with the PC and a finishing pad...a little goes a very long way.

Here is a excerpt of a video on applying paste wax to a foam pad:

http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/video/temp

BILL
07-25-2006, 07:37 PM
very interesting........... thanks

what apply speed???

Rapidity
07-25-2006, 07:39 PM
lol I think that video is EXACTLY what I was talking about when I said I saw someone do that.

Great videos man

blkyukon
07-25-2006, 07:43 PM
very interesting........... thanks

what apply speed???

No pressure - speed 3-4

BILL
07-25-2006, 07:45 PM
No pressure - speed 3-4

and removing......??