PDA

View Full Version : Kind of new to detailing, couple questions

aflyvietguy
05-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Hey everyone, I just joined the forums, but haven’t posted anything, just looking around and reading and what not.

But anyways, I have a couple questions for you guys.

I read that after applying PB SSR 2.5, it makes it worse until you use a less abrasive swirl remover or glaze. Could I use PB Black Hole after? Or WG Finishing Glaze? And what pad on what speed should I use?

And my other question is should you re wash your car after you clay? I’ve heard some people just spray clay lube and clay their car and not wipe it because they just wash it right after. Or is it better to wipe after you are done claying each section?

Any replies would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

ScottB
05-29-2008, 04:12 PM
claying -- no need to rewash car if clayed properly, some suggest it as they grind clay into finish or clay falls apart. A nice stream of water after claying and before drying is usually acceptable.

SSR 2.5 -- this polish is abrasive especially when used with an abrasive pad (orange LC). As such you commonly need to use SSR 1.0 and slightly lighter pad to remove any micromarring. Using a glaze like either mentioned might look good temporarily but will likely show that micromarring after a wash or two. Use a good finishing polish, some examples would be Wolfgang 3.0 Finish Polish and Menzerna Micro or Finishing Polish.