PDA

View Full Version : Caring for polished aluminum wheels

hybridhauler
05-28-2008, 10:45 AM
I recently purchased a set of polished aluminum wheels. This is my first venture with polished wheels and would like to know what are the best products that I can get to maintain them. I have heard good things about Zoopseal products but would like to know what you use and suggest.
Thanks in advance
Hybrid

Feed back please

Bridges
05-28-2008, 04:25 PM
I was just going to post the same question. I have polished aluminum wheels on my new cts that need some caring.

ScottB
05-28-2008, 04:35 PM
lets look at this first .... are the wheels coated or uncoated aluminum. Factory wheels like the CTS are coated and as such must be treated like paint.

For uncoated, high polished wheels like my Iforged Wheels. (HRE, Fikse etc) They are always in a state of decay or tarnish. So ...

1. A safe wheel cleaner (P21S)
2. Metal Polishes (Simichrome, English Custom, Mothers)
3. Wheel Protectant (DP, Poorboys)

Zoop Seal is not worth the bones IMO. It leaves a satin silky look and the company is rude to work at best.

purplenurple
06-02-2008, 05:57 PM
I use Duragloss 105/501 and OCW to keep my CCWs protected and wash with ONR. They arent as shiny as when they were new, but I have not had to polish them since getting them in February

BTW- killrwheels - what washe media do you use for the Iforgeds? I use a GS with ONR and it works well with minimal marring at best

ScottB
06-03-2008, 07:43 AM
I use P21S Wheel Cleaner monthly. After that I polish and coat with DP Wheel Sealant. I use plain soap and water for the next several washes. I truly love a product from English Metal Polishes called Showmans Custom Polish with a Mothers Powerball mini to bring back the high luster.