PDA

View Full Version : LC pad leaving marks

adrenalin
05-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Well it is obvious that I am doing something wrong. Recently I received my Porter Cable 7424 and several LC pads. When I use the orange pad with Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover, I end up having several small half circle marks in the paint. When I say several, I mean hundreds. I can easily see them when using a Halogen lamp. At first I tried a LC CCS pad, then when I noticed the marks I switched to a Low profile orange pad and had the same issue. I am starting with a speed of 3 and then going to 5 (as per the training video on autogeek.net). When I switch to a white pad and use the Pinnacle Advanced Finishing polish, the marks do not go away. After applying Pinnacle Souverin wax, you can still see them under the halogen lamp. I moved the car out into the sun today and when I am up close (less than a foot away) I can see them. So, what is it that I am doing wrong? I make sure that I do not apply to much pressure. I put the PC onto a scale and pressed down to figure out how much 20lbs pressure would be. However, I even varied pressure on different panels and got the same results.

budman3
05-28-2008, 10:49 AM
What you are seeing is micromarring from the pad and polish. I get this if the pad is either dirty or caked with excess product. Try using less product and see if that helps. Also, try the Advanced Swirl Remover with a white polishing pad and see if that helps. And if you feel comfortable, try speed 6, it'll make the polish break down faster which means the abrasives will get smaller, which should remove the micromarring. Clumps of unbroken down polish (either from too much product or not breaking it down enough) get onto the pad and create the semi-circle patterns on the paint.

adrenalin
05-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Sounds good. I will give that a try. Thank you.

img
05-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Remember, less is more; don't overdo it on the product.

Jimmie
05-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Remember, less is more; don't overdo it on the product.

:iagree::whs:.

r0ckstrWS6
06-19-2008, 11:39 AM
wow, i'm glad I read this, having same issues. so if you go over the parts that have micromarring with a white pad menzerna final polish will it get rid of the micromarring? or what combo would get rid of the micromarring? I have all menzerna products

Rsurfer
06-19-2008, 02:27 PM
wow, i'm glad I read this, having same issues. so if you go over the parts that have micromarring with a white pad menzerna final polish will it get rid of the micromarring? or what combo would get rid of the micromarring? I have all menzerna products106 with a white pad should do it. Finish off with FPII with a grey,blue, or red pad.

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-19-2008, 04:34 PM
106 with a white pad should do it. Finish off with FPII with a grey,blue, or red pad.

Very good advice. Thats the way it should be done.

Largebore
06-19-2008, 06:50 PM
I don;t get it . I thought 106 was the ultimate finishing polish. Now another one is needed on top of it?

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-19-2008, 06:58 PM
I don;t get it . I thought 106 was the ultimate finishing polish. Now another one is needed on top of it?

If you use it on a white pad it should be followed up on a blue or gray/black pad. It is a finishing polish but people use it for correction purposes. If you want to use for correction it should always be followed up with itself, 85RD or Ultrafina on the blue or black/gray pads.