PDA

View Full Version : 1Z Glans Wax

Pages : [1] 2

Junebug
05-27-2008, 07:34 PM
I recently cleaned/prep my car with Metallic Polish - started to quit after that since it looked so good, but I applied a coat of Glanz Wax, let it set up for a hour, wiped off fairly easy (I'm notoriously heavy handed ok) and hot damn! It looked like I added another layer of clear coat. I've tried a lot of products but this combo is my new secret recipe, now I wish I had ordered a bunch of their other products. My wife used the Cockpit Premium on her van, and that made the dash look the best I've seen it since the day we brought it home. I also got the Intensiv Polish, can't wait to use it - got my tips on proper technique (don't go over 1K rpm) and polish til it's clear.

David Fermani
05-27-2008, 07:43 PM
Keep it up man! Another nice feature about this product is that you can wipe it on and remove it immediately. I've also gone right to a nuba topper and with no problems. I'm going to try aplying it via rotary and a LC red pad 1 of these days(I've been told heat works great with sealants).

Let us know how durable it is for you.

94LT1
05-27-2008, 07:47 PM
can the polish b applied with the PC or is it goin to be a pita to work in??

Al-53
05-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Funny you mention Glanz wax...mine will be here tomorrow....I had a 4 ox tester a few years back and really liked it...so I decided to grab it again...its also a nice topper for some sealants....for a synthetic wax it sure looks nice....like you said..it like you sprayed clear coat on...

I still have some of the Pro line Metalic polish....in the round tin can....a little different than the newer stuff....it has no wax in it...just a nice polish....still can be had also....

AL

1LE HAWK
05-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Good to hear....I just won some....:D

-Matt

David Fermani
05-27-2008, 07:56 PM
can the polish b applied with the PC or is it goin to be a pita to work in??

PC is fine. A little goes a long way.

D
05-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Glanz wax is some pretty nice stuff. Dont think Id apply it with a rotary though.

David Fermani
05-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Glanz wax is some pretty nice stuff. Dont think Id apply it with a rotary though.

Why not?

D
05-27-2008, 11:20 PM
Might get some holograms.

Z06-Goose
05-28-2008, 12:43 AM
Why not?I always have the tendency to apply everything by machine, be it wax, sealant, glaze, and what not
However, when I first tried the 1Z Glanz Wax, I discovered this is one you don't want to apply by machine, but rather with a foam applicator. In my opinion is too watery to use a machine. I'm not saying it can't be done, it just seems like you'll be wasting a lot of product. That was just my impression. I would think once the pad becomes saturated that you would need less product as it should go a long way after that, but not sure how much product you would have used to get to that point using a buffer

One thing for sure, the gloss and shine you get is impressive. I have XMT-360 topped with 1Z Glanz Wax and the results have been incredible...

StephenK
05-28-2008, 01:03 AM
i also like that combo. i will actually be using it on a black sonota this weekend. last summer i used it on a blue sentra. when the owner walked out of her house to inspect the car she looked at it and went back into grab her sunglasses handed me payment and said the car was fine. she never got within 20 feet of the car and was impressed. 1Z is a hidden gem few people talk about. some may think i am crazy but when it comes time to impress i pick 1Z metallic polish and top it with glanz over souveran. that includes on black and red cars.

Largebore
05-28-2008, 01:07 AM
Is Glanz wax a sealant or do I need to use one first ?

StephenK
05-28-2008, 01:25 AM
1Z Einszett Glanz Wax Hart Glanz” (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einzett-glanz-wax.html)

using a sealant is a personal choice. and i dont think Einszett makes a sealant so not surewhat would be compatiable with the Glanz. i have always used the Metallic Polish before using the Glanz. it is pretty much like any other wax. the better the surface is preped the better the finish results will be.

Al-53
05-28-2008, 05:09 AM
Is Glanz wax a sealant or do I need to use one first ?

Glanz is a synthetic wax..no real carnauba in it...so you could call it a sealant in a way..but with a waxed look...its a very watery product...like Klasse ....

you can top another sealant with it or just use it straight from the can....or even top with a wax if you desired..

AL

Bunky
05-28-2008, 11:40 AM
I was reading the descriptions for the 1z stuff. Is this correct?
1. Paint Polish - mild abrasive polish
2. metallic polishwax - wax with cleaners
3. Glanz - synthetic topper

This is 1z's 3 step process...