PDA

View Full Version : honda

02CAMSS
05-27-2008, 09:35 AM
I cleaned up my wife's car this weekend.Sorry there are no before or during pictures.I keep the car clean so they would have been boring
Wash.Meguiars NXT gen via foam gun then regular DP mixed with bug squash via two-bucket method
Clay.Pinnacle poly
Polish.Menzerna PO85RD Via PC with a Lake Country grey pad speed 6(This is a great combo on soft Honda clear)
Prepped and cleaned with KAIO
LSP.Pinnacle SSII
Glass Surf City(The best glass cleaner)
Wheels.Wolfgang tire and wheel cleaner.Meguiars and Zymol brushes.
Tires got DP tire Gel and wheel wells got Meguiars tire foam.

Jimmie
05-27-2008, 11:36 AM
You got it looking great.

02CAMSS
05-27-2008, 12:39 PM
You got it looking great.
Thanks Jimmy!It took me 4hours with the PC

builthatch
05-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Thanks Jimmy!It took me 4hours with the PC

nice work.

i am currently working on an 07 FJP Si that has some pretty bad water spot damage. I can't believe how lame the clear is on these new hondas. i mean, it's extremely weak and relatively thin.

02CAMSS
05-27-2008, 01:05 PM
nice work.

i am currently working on an 07 FJP Si that has some pretty bad water spot damage. I can't believe how lame the clear is on these new hondas. i mean, it's extremely weak and relatively thin.

Thanks! You hit the nail on the head about the clear.

nrengle
05-27-2008, 01:54 PM
I've been lucky then. Mines (02 Civic SI NHBP) been repainted a few times due to being scraped in a parking lot (bumpers, and driver fender and door.), and then a break in, that scratched the hell out of my passenger rear quarter, and my hood (done as a gift from my folks). All areas have a lot thicker clear on them thanks to that. But the guy who repainted my hood did a lousy job. Swirls in the paint (not the clear) that I can't get out... Spent a hour with a rotary and a yellow, orange, white, and black pad and Systemone trying to get them out...

builthatch
05-27-2008, 02:35 PM
I've been lucky then. Mines (02 Civic SI NHBP) been repainted a few times due to being scraped in a parking lot (bumpers, and driver fender and door.), and then a break in, that scratched the hell out of my passenger rear quarter, and my hood (done as a gift from my folks). All areas have a lot thicker clear on them thanks to that. But the guy who repainted my hood did a lousy job. Swirls in the paint (not the clear) that I can't get out... Spent a hour with a rotary and a yellow, orange, white, and black pad and Systemone trying to get them out...

well, '02-'05 (7th gen Si) had pretty decent paint, considering the EPA and all...so your OE paint was probably ok, but yeah, a good paint system layed by a good painter will def give you some nice clear to buffer any correction you'd need to do.

'06 and later...they have gotten so bad...and while the clear is the worst part, it's the quality of the work throughout that is bothersome; the door jambs always have junk in them right off the showroom floor, you will find fisheyes and/or junk in the exterior finish...it's a shame.

the cool thing is...with that black, and the small size and position of those 7th gen Si hoods, you can get it resprayed w/o blending and if the paint system is a good one, you'll probably not be able to tell any difference; the angles on that car in the front are pretty good for that, and the color helps too even though there is alot going on in that code, mix-wise. just my opinion but it should work out.