PDA

View Full Version : Edge/PC, WG 3.0, Cobra, Optimum QD Reviews

1LE HAWK
05-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Last week was spent getting ready for the car a show in Atlanta. I had never used any PC or paint correction techniques on my daily driver Firehawk. So as I've said before....take my review for what it's worth...from a newbie detailer.

The Edge kit I ordered from AG is a wonderful kit. All inclusive....simple...and fun to use. Those three things made the kit an outstandind purchase for a detailer just trying to get into the game. I won't go into much detail about the pads and everything now, but I really enjoyed looking over the brochure briefly and then tearing into all of the packages to try them out.

Again, the Edge PC kit is a great kit for beginners and pros from what I can tell. It is simple and easy to use and can yield wonderful results.

Weather for testing WG 3.0 products was 85* in an enclosed garage. Humidity outside was 80%.

Before applying any products, I washed and clay barred the car then washed again before attempting any correction.

The WG 3.0 (Menzerna) products I received along with my Edge kit included both the TSR and FG. The TSR went on smoothly with no dusting throughout the process. Spread on and then turned PC on at speed 5 with an orange pad. Most imperfections I had in my paint were removed with the first pass. Some problem areas required a second pass before I was satisfied. Removal of the TSR was easy as well. Very happy with the TSR.

The FG 3.0 was another easy to use product. A bit thinner in consistency than the TSR. Applied at speed 4 on the PC with a blue pad. No dusting noted. Removal was very simple as well. Noticed a very nice finish to the paint after FG 3.0 was removed.

Applied WGDGPS on top of the finish....great product...went on easy, feels amazing.

Topped with a Souveran paste wax....:righton::righton::righton::righton:

When I ordered the Edge kit, WG 3.0, etc....I also ordered some new microfibers to have at the show as well. Cobra Deluxe Jr. Microfibers are what I got....and I loved them!!! Very soft and worked over a large surface area very well.... two headbangers up!!! :righton::righton::righton:

Now for the best thing I got in the whole order....Optimum QD. By far the best QD, I've used in a long long time. Better than any OTC brand. I drove my car the 300+ miles to the show...the Optimum QD made quick work of the bugs and slight amount of dirt on the car. I had lots of people come up and ask me what QD I used....I told them and referred them here. I loved the way it went on and seemed to really make the paint POP!!!

Let me know if ya'll have any questions!!!

-Matt

ScottB
05-26-2008, 06:39 PM
PC with Edge kit is a popular option and makes the slower process with PC much more bearable. Pad changes are quick, and effortless.

I too agree the new Optimum Quick Detailer and Gloss Enhancer is one nice product. Clearly more gloss and slickness apparent on sealants and nice option for carnaubas to reduce the dust accumulation. It finally knocked FK425 off which was hard to beat.