PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Nano Polish 106FF

Marc08EX
05-24-2008, 04:58 PM
I just finished detailing our van and I used Menzerna 106FF on a white polishing pad. The polish was applied using the Flex 3401. I must say that this is a great polish! The gloss is really outstanding!!! However, it dusts like crazy!!! Also, it dries in the pad really quickly! After 2~3 12x12 sections, it's already solid in the pad and I have to wipe it off to make the pad more effective again!

Anyone who has used this product experienced the same?

ScottB
05-24-2008, 05:19 PM
This is why while polishing I prefer the Edge pads. At 1/2 point you can flip pad and have fresh ones. Did you notice the dust being more prevalent after some/most of car done. I believe it is the dried polish in pad, versus the removed product. It seems to dry and blow out so to speak ... I noticed this more after using my Flex and having to go back to traditional pads versus Edge with PC.

106FF is a favorite polish, and I love it no matter the issue with dust. It finishes down even nicer than most Finishing Polishes. Add in the extra bite from Ceramiclear polishing particles, and super for light polishing needs in most cases.

Bridges
05-24-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm having the same problem. It seems to happen rather quickly. After reading this thread I wonder if I/we was putting enough product on the pad but killrwheels is a pro at this so that can't be the issue

Al-53
05-24-2008, 06:04 PM
When the weather or temps interfere with menz like the dusting...I add a drop or 2 of Opt Polish on the pad with the menz..cuts the dusting right down and have not seen any performance loss....I found using a QD or pad conditioner can cause to polish to ball up at times..so I would not use it...the Opt Polish worked best so far...you can also try knocking your speed down also....with the flex I use 4 and works out great...4 is faster than 6 on a PC....6 on a flex just flashes the polish to fast and dries it out and dust results...also brush you pad often to get any build up off it...I use a fingernail cleaning brush and hit the pad on speed 1 with the brush and then wipe it with a damp MF...do this for every panel...you may see better results

Al

Marc08EX
05-24-2008, 06:05 PM
This is why while polishing I prefer the Edge pads. At 1/2 point you can flip pad and have fresh ones. Did you notice the dust being more prevalent after some/most of car done. I believe it is the dried polish in pad, versus the removed product. It seems to dry and blow out so to speak ... I noticed this more after using my Flex and having to go back to traditional pads versus Edge with PC.

106FF is a favorite polish, and I love it no matter the issue with dust. It finishes down even nicer than most Finishing Polishes. Add in the extra bite from Ceramiclear polishing particles, and super for light polishing needs in most cases.

I completely agree with this one! Like I said, it dries very quickly and I meant in the pad. You can tell that the product has become solid on where you originally placed it. Well after the 3rd section, it already starts to dust like crazy. After 3-4 12x12 sections, I wipe my pad off so it wouldn't have the old and dried product.

Marc08EX
05-24-2008, 06:08 PM
I'm having the same problem. It seems to happen rather quickly. After reading this thread I wonder if I/we was putting enough product on the pad but killrwheels is a pro at this so that can't be the issue

How much product do you put to prime the pad and to each pass?

To prime the pad, I mist the pad with quick detailer then I put 2 4" lines and form a "X" in the middle of the pad.

I put 1~3 dime sized dots in the pad for each 12x12 to 18x18 sections.

How much is too much product?

Marc08EX
05-24-2008, 06:09 PM
When the weather or temps interfere with menz like the dusting...I add a drop or 2 of Opt Polish on the pad with the menz..cuts the dusting right down and have not seen any performance loss....I found using a QD or pad conditioner can cause to polish to ball up at times..so I would not use it...the Opt Polish worked best so far...you can also try knocking your speed down also....with the flex I use 4 and works out great...4 is faster than 6 on a PC....6 on a flex just flashes the polish to fast and dries it out and dust results...also brush you pad often to get any build up off it...I use a fingernail cleaning brush and hit the pad on speed 1 with the brush and then wipe it with a damp MF...do this for every panel...you may see better results

Al

I will try brushing the pads after each panel. Seems like a good idea! THANKS!

What's the OPT polish? Do you mix it with the 106FF?

Al-53
05-24-2008, 06:14 PM
I will try brushing the pads after each panel. Seems like a good idea! THANKS!

What's the OPT polish? Do you mix it with the 106FF?

Optimum polish ..just do 3 -4 pea size drops of menz...and 2 of the opt polish on a pad....

this is Opt Polish Optimum Polish is a swirl remover, finishing polish & paint cleaner in one for the optimum shine! swirl remover polish, fine grade polish, final (http://www.autogeek.net/opt400.html)

its highly lubricated...so the lube helps Menz work in varied weather conditions with out dusting...

and like I said...try a lower machine speed also....it works....and still get same results...

Al

Marc08EX
05-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Optimum polish ..just do 3 -4 pea size drops of menz...and 2 of the opt polish on a pad....

this is Opt Polish Optimum Polish is a swirl remover, finishing polish & paint cleaner in one for the optimum shine! swirl remover polish, fine grade polish, final (http://www.autogeek.net/opt400.html)

its highly lubricated...so the lube helps Menz work in varied weather conditions with out dusting...

and like I said...try a lower machine speed also....it works....and still get same results...

Al

Al,

I was using the speed 4 at the beginning then stepped it up to speed 5.

Isn't this bad because we're mixing 2 products? I thought each pad should only have 1 product?

Al-53
05-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Al,

I was using the speed 4 at the beginning then stepped it up to speed 5.

Isn't this bad because we're mixing 2 products? I thought each pad should only have 1 product?

no..its not bad...people mix them and use that way...I just do it on the pad....I see some are mixing meg's 83 with M105 to cure the dusting on that product....

now if you used a pad to compound with a heavy cut compound and then used a finish polish on the same pad..thats not good...but the Opt Polish is actually a lighter cut product than menz 106....the cut on Opt polish is very slight...your just using it to add a little lube....search on here and you will see posts on using the combo with great results

Al

Bridges
05-25-2008, 05:57 AM
How much product do you put to prime the pad and to each pass?

To prime the pad, I mist the pad with quick detailer then I put 2 4" lines and form a "X" in the middle of the pad.

I put 1~3 dime sized dots in the pad for each 12x12 to 18x18 sections.

How much is too much product?

I have been using about one 3" line of product on the pad and prime the pad after each panel. I have also been using it on speed 5. I like take Al advice and cut it down to four.