PDA

View Full Version : ONR As Wiper Fluid?

muddy
05-21-2008, 09:10 PM
I was curious if anyone here uses an ONR/water mix as their windshield washer fluid? After all it seems that ONR is kind of made to release contaminants easily, but I don't know if it would affect the wiper blades at all.
Let me know if you tried or currently use it, and also what ratio you are finding to work best. Thanks.

Mindflux
05-21-2008, 10:41 PM
I wouldn't suggest it if you live in a climate that could freeze. I don't think it has any anti-freezing properties. I also seem to recall it mentioned on another forum that it ends up leaving a film behind if not wiped up. Certainly not an ideal washer fluid.

supercharged
05-22-2008, 05:14 AM
Why not try P21S washer fluid additive or einszett? Just add it to distilled or filtered water! Cleans glass streak free, cheap, and won't remove your wax!

Al-53
05-22-2008, 06:55 AM
If you want a good washer fluid....go to Home Depot and get the ZEP concentrate glass cleaner.....9.86 a gallon...its green...add 3 oz's to the tank rest distilled water....great washer fluid....use only during warm months as its not freeze proof...

also best glass cleaner I used so far next to Sprayway...1 oz to 32oz of water in a spray bottle...never a streak and cleans like crazy....

1 gallon makes 32 gallons of glass cleaner

AL

YankeeFan
05-22-2008, 07:31 AM
If you want a good washer fluid....go to Home Depot and get the ZEP concentrate glass cleaner.....9.86 a gallon...its green...add 3 oz's to the tank rest distilled water....great washer fluid....use only during warm months as its not freeze proof...

also best glass cleaner I used so far next to Sprayway...1 oz to 32oz of water in a spray bottle...never a streak and cleans like crazy....

1 gallon makes 32 gallons of glass cleaner

AL

Al,

For the Sprayway, what do you mean 1 oz for every 32 ozs of water? All I see are aerosol cans on AG and on Sprayway's site.

Howard

Al-53
05-22-2008, 07:52 AM
Al,

For the Sprayway, what do you mean 1 oz for every 32 ozs of water? All I see are aerosol cans on AG and on Sprayway's site.

Howard

sorry..I meant using the ZEP concentrated glass cleaner as a washer fluid....comes in gallon jugs....add 2-3 oz's and rest water in the tank....keeps glass spotless....

heres a link to it..its the top bottle....ammonia free stuff...

Zep Commercial | Products (http://www.zepcommercial.com/products.asp?category=5)

the jug makes 32 gallons of glass cleaner....and works great...

just use distilled water

AL

Mindflux
05-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Why not try P21S washer fluid additive or einszett? Just add it to distilled or filtered water! Cleans glass streak free, cheap, and won't remove your wax!

Pretty sure this is meant as a boost for wiper fluid and not just water. I could see this working but cutting down the effectiveness of the fluid.

Bunky
05-22-2008, 07:30 PM
If ONR cannot remove wax, then I find it hard to believe it is a good general cleaner for a windshield.

Bence
05-23-2008, 11:43 AM
ONR is not supposed to remove wax.

And adding it to the washer fluid is great as it has great cleaning power, and re-establishes a repellent film on the windshield. I added it to 1Z winter fluid (-90°C) and works flawlessly.

supercharged
05-23-2008, 11:51 AM

And adding it to the washer fluid is great as it has great cleaning power, and re-establishes a repellent film on the windshield. I added it to 1Z winter fluid (-90°C) and works flawlessly.
-90C? It get that cold in Europe??? It's that cold on Mars!!!

Bunky
05-24-2008, 07:35 AM

My point was that if it cannot remove wax it should not be used alone on the windshield. It could be a great additive to something that does. ONR does not seem to work on grease so I always have to have an APC to do wheels/tires/wheel wells.

Bence
05-25-2008, 08:37 AM
For me ONR works extremely good as a wheel cleaner. And if it's capable of cleaning off traffic film, it is strong enough to remove from the windshield.