PDA

View Full Version : [Edge 2000 pads] Question

Pages : [1] 2

Rapidity
07-24-2006, 12:28 PM
Blue Finishing Pad This pad is great for everyday use. It will leave surface areas scratch-free and smooth while still removing light swirls and imperfections. Use with wax and polish to apply a fine gloss. Safe on clear coats. 70 pores per inch (ppi)

White Ultrafine Polishing Pad This ultra-smooth polishing pad contains 80 pores per inch, allowing for fine polishing which creates a bold, crystalline gloss Use this pad to apply waxes, polishes and sealants. Safe on clear coats. 80 pores per inch (ppi)

What is the real difference between the Blue and White pads? They sound very similar... it sounds like the blue may have a little cutting power? And maybe the white has none?

Will using the blue pad to apply a carnauba over a sealant take off the sealant? Say you used the blue pad to apply a sealant one day. And then after it had cured you used the blue pad to apply a nuba over it. Would the cutting power of the blue pad remove the sealant?

Is there any reason to use the white pad instead of the blue pad? Or a blue pad instead of a white?

I guess I sort of understand the different cutting ablities of the yellow, green, orange. But once you get to the blue and white I'm not sure if there is a difference.

scooterguitar
07-24-2006, 12:35 PM
I am not sure, but I use the blue for final polishing (still using abrasives here) and the white for waxes or sealants.

Surfer
07-24-2006, 12:36 PM
I used the blue pad for final polishing last ime, kinda wondering if I should have used the white instead now.

Rapidity
07-24-2006, 12:48 PM
I used the blue pad for final polishing last ime, kinda wondering if I should have used the white instead now.

didn't like the results?

GearHead_1
07-24-2006, 01:09 PM
I use the blue pad as a last step application pad at times. If it's a dark vehicle with no flakes in the paint, the white pad is still a necessary tool.

Surfer
07-24-2006, 01:33 PM
didn't like the results?Results were fine actually, just wondering if I should use the white pad instead for final polishing. The white pad package said something like "use only for exotic paint vehicles" or something like that, messed with my head since I was doing my suv lol.

BILL
07-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Results were fine actually, just wondering if I should use the white pad instead for final polishing. The white pad package said something like "use only for exotic paint vehicles" or something like that, messed with my head since I was doing my suv lol.

I think its actually by the detailers own personal preference what works best for then at the Time, and car/color that there working on.
I have both pads and still use a M.F. TOWEL and finish off with M.F. BONNET on a LAMBS WOOL PAD......

BlackCoupe
07-24-2006, 11:58 PM
I have been using the Edge WHite pad with Menzerna FP II on black. I'm not sure the Edge White pad likes the PC on 6. Maybe I should have tried the blue, and saved the white for wax at a lower speed.

Anybody have any white pad issues, or grey goop come up through the spindle?

Surfer
07-25-2006, 08:05 AM
I have been using the Edge WHite pad with Menzerna FP II on black. I'm not sure the Edge White pad likes the PC on 6. Maybe I should have tried the blue, and saved the white for wax at a lower speed.

Anybody have any white pad issues, or grey goop come up through the spindle?grey goop?

I'm still wondering if I should try the white pad next time to finish down Optimum Polish?

scooterguitar
07-25-2006, 08:32 AM
Anybody have any white pad issues, or grey goop come up through the spindle?

Yep, after about my fourth time using the pads! Its very thick and hard to wipe off. Also the spindle release button has gotten very hard to press and release the pad, almost impossible 75% to get it to release using lots of thumb pressure...and I was on the 1969 National Thumb Wrestling Circuit Tour, so you know it's the spindle and not me! I have to use the end of a screwdriver to press it down now.

Rapidity
07-25-2006, 08:41 AM
I don't see what could cause grey goop unless that's the color of the product you are using or something?

My release button is pretty tight, but I figured that was because of it being new. WD40 help?

scooterguitar
07-25-2006, 08:42 AM
No, the goop I htink is coming from the PC shaft. Am I allowed to say SHAFT on here?

Rapidity
07-25-2006, 08:50 AM
Well if it's from the PC then wouldn't everyone have that issue, not just edge users?

scooterguitar
07-25-2006, 08:57 AM
Maybe its from the Edge Spindle, I dunno, all I knwo there's a bunch of really tacky goop that comes out. At first I thought it was from a polish, then cleane dit really well and use dit for a wax and there it was again.

Surfer
07-25-2006, 09:17 AM
Maybe its from the Edge Spindle, I dunno, all I knwo there's a bunch of really tacky goop that comes out. At first I thought it was from a polish, then cleane dit really well and use dit for a wax and there it was again.Haven't had that happen, if it's comming from the shaft from the PC I would assume it's grease.