PDA

View Full Version : Spider Webs (swirls)

Gungho_15
05-21-2008, 02:33 AM
I drive a 2004 Arctic Blue Pearl RSX. I am totally anal about my car(lol). I have always thought I knew what I was doing and I think I still do! LOL. Anyways I just purchsed the Pinnacle-Wolfgang Kit from this great site. I forgot to orded pads for my orbital. The car usually gets waxed 3-4 times a year. I have never clayed it. I haved, and will be using my orbital on it again once I order some CCS Pads!
I am wondering if I should:
1) clay, swirl remove, paintwork polish enhancer, deep gloss paint sealant, then souveran?
2) polish, seal, then souveran?

I was only going to do #2. I just would hate to go through all the steps if it wasnt necessary.Tough question due to no pics, but just hoping for some suggestions.

PTRon
05-21-2008, 03:53 AM
"I am pretty anal about my car". Change that to "totally anal..." and do #1. Seriously though, if the car has never been clayed, you need to clay it. So if you don't feel like doing #1, do -
3) wash, clay, polish, seal, wax

Jimmie
05-21-2008, 08:58 AM
"I am pretty anal about my car". Change that to "totally anal..." and do #1. Seriously though, if the car has never been clayed, you need to clay it. So if you don't feel like doing #1, do -
3) wash, clay, polish, seal, wax

:iagree:.

Gungho_15
05-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Thanks fellas. I actually just had one side of the car repainted thanks to a guy running a red and hitting me. I think I am going to 2500 wet sand the entire car. What should I use for a polish. Would it be safe to use the Menzerna SIP, then go to the WG Polish Enhancer, then WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, then Souveran? Or is there a step I should add or skip?

Rsurfer
05-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Thanks fellas. I actually just had one side of the car repainted thanks to a guy running a red and hitting me. I think I am going to 2500 wet sand the entire car. What should I use for a polish. Would it be safe to use the Menzerna SIP, then go to the WG Polish Enhancer, then WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, then Souveran? Or is there a step I should add or skip?
You said you were only going to polish and wax and now your are going to wet sand the entire car? Thats a huge difference. Hope you know what you are doing. Good Luck!