PDA

View Full Version : engine detailing tips?

blackbeauty89
05-20-2008, 03:12 PM
well i have a car show coming up. it's a high school car show so it's nothing to important but i want to let people know that i try and my car looks good clean and i would like to clean the engine and engine bay. i have degreaser but that doesn't shine it up though so what do you guys reccomend on engine detailing?

also aside from that, how do i get the wheel wells clean? they just always turn out a dull black after i wash the car even if i scrub them. i have some tar i need to get rid of too. any input? much appreciated!!

ScottB
05-20-2008, 05:41 PM
tar -- Stoners Tarminator
wheel wells -- cheap aerosol tire dressing after scrubbing clean

engine -- Klasse AIO on painted parts, 303 on rubber and vacuum lines, try to keep water in engine bay to minimum as possible. Compressed air works well in cracks.

blackbeauty89
05-20-2008, 06:02 PM
and could i get any of these supplies at a local auto parts store or even a wal mart or target or do i specifically have to order off of a site?

thanks for the help!

PTRon
05-21-2008, 03:46 AM
Tarminator - Walmart, Parts store
cheap aerosol tire dressing - everywhere
303 - Marine Supply store
Klasse AIO - ??

ScottB
05-21-2008, 05:55 PM
if you need it all anyways, order here and save some $$ off retail, and maybe use free shipping code as possible. Only need to spend 75.00 bucks !

carguy
05-23-2008, 09:22 PM
well i have a car show coming up. it's a high school car show so it's nothing to important but i want to let people know that i try and my car looks good clean and i would like to clean the engine and engine bay. i have degreaser but that doesn't shine it up though so what do you guys reccomend on engine detailing?

also aside from that, how do i get the wheel wells clean? they just always turn out a dull black after i wash the car even if i scrub them. i have some tar i need to get rid of too. any input? much appreciated!!

Go to autozone and get that CD-2 engine detailer, very good results, make sure to run engine for 15 minutes to let the resins set in. Good luck.:righton: