PDA

View Full Version : DP Total Interior Protectant

bandgeek99
05-20-2008, 08:00 AM
Hello everyone, its been a while.

I'm having a problem with DP Total Interior Protectant and was hoping someone here could either tell me what I'm doing wrong or recommend a product that meets my needs.

With the T.I.P. on my black dashboard there is a light sheen left behind. This I like, it makes me think it is actually protected and I like the look. However, on long road trips spots on the dash develop where this sheen obviously fades where my passenger's knees are rubbing the dash or center console. Any help?

If it matters, my application technique is to spray on a MF then apply. I apply to the entire dash and door, then come back with a second clean microfiber to wipe down residue.

Thanks.

supercharged
05-20-2008, 10:00 AM
Try Klasse Vinyl/rubber cleaner/protectant. It trully is a hidden gem, I love it for it's durability. It last for quite a while too (4-5 weeks).

bandgeek99
05-20-2008, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the recommendation. How does the Klasse stack up against the OPP and the 303 Protectant?

Jimmie
05-20-2008, 12:28 PM
That sounds like it's just caused by extra buffing by passengers knees. IMO, Nothing to worry about. My experience is DP Protectant's sheen fades on its own within a week or two and looks much more matte.

supercharged
05-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the recommendation. How does the Klasse stack up against the OPP and the 303 Protectant?
It's close to OPP in looks, and to 303 in durability.