PDA

View Full Version : My car has sprouted flowers

Largebore
05-18-2008, 04:55 PM
I really love my Souvergn.. But OMG the pollen that it attracts is mind boggling. I do not get down the street before it is covered in yellow pollen.. I just hope I do not run into a any seedlings blowing in the wind as they may sprout right on my hood.

But seriously, I have heard of sprays that you can apply over the Wax that will keep it from attracting polen.

If that is so, what works that will not diminish my shine ?http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/smilies/feedback%5B1%5D.gif ?

ScottB
05-18-2008, 06:28 PM
sealants attract far less dust/pollen then waxes but look kinda sterile and need high gloss sprays. I have found Optimum and Fk425 work well on Souveran and reduce the attraction a bit.

AjNavo61490
05-18-2008, 07:28 PM
## SQD works well

Largebore
05-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Which Optimum product and what is Fk415 ?

I usually use Crystal Mist as a daily qd and Souveran Spray wax after a wash.I do not want to lose that Carnuba look , just the pollen and dust.

OR? Would the Wolfgang Estate Wax give me the Souveran look without the pollen and dust ?

NSXTASY
05-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Use P21S TAW and apply Zaino.

TOGWT
05-19-2008, 08:29 AM
Pollen isn't removed by air friction as you drive because it adheres to a surface with microscopic barbs that can attach to even a very slightly uneven surface. Carnauba wax molecules, which are closed linked, which means that they only butt up together to protect the surface. They align themselves to form an egg-grate type structure (with their long axis vertical) this is what gives it depth. This mesh-like structure allows the exine or barbs of the pollen to gain a hold and adheres to a natural wax better than a synthetic polymer. As well as being allergic pollen is also very abrasive (due to its exine or barbs) and slightly acidic dust, especially when mixed with moisture and should therefore be removed from paint surfaces as soon as is practicable.

See also - 'Pollen' #############