PDA

View Full Version : Klasse SG

waxandshine
05-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Hi everyone, i just bought some klasse sg and have been looking around the forums to find some info on it. So pour it into a spray bottle, (Did i read somewhere about dilluting it with water)!?, spray onto a panel, wipe off immediatly? do you need to go back after and buff again?

Do you need to leave it cure if iapplying a carnuaba wax on top?

Thanks

TOGWT
05-18-2008, 06:11 AM
· SG is formulated from hard resins and therefore must be given sufficient time to cross-link, >12 hours, or anytime up to 72 hour period is recommended before other layers / products are applied, this provides better durability and a deeper shine
· Approximate cross-link period at various temperatures- at 60oF- 48hours, 70oF-36 hours, 80oF- 24 hours (cross-linking is a function of / temperature / humidity / time

ScottB
05-18-2008, 09:58 AM
dont dilute it or add any water. It is a sealant and needs time to cure about 8-12 hours. Its consistency is almost water like anyways.

small spray bottle (think travel size hair spray), wipe on and wipe off, allow to cure.

vsupra123
05-23-2008, 05:49 AM
I just used an applicator pad and sprayed it with a little water from a squirt bottle to take off. I didn't listen when it said "THIN COAT."

Gonna look for that spray for the SG

ScottB
05-23-2008, 07:07 PM
water and sealants are not advisable for 8-24 hours. You are hurting the crosslinking and attachment to paint.

vsupra123
05-24-2008, 02:00 AM
Blah! Well, there is coat of KAIO under the KSG that I screwed up.

....Still learning. :D

ScottB
05-24-2008, 07:54 AM
get a small spray bottle from Wal-mart, look for travel size hair spray. They work well, and actually control how light you use the product. Think misting ...

vsupra123
05-25-2008, 02:42 AM
I will do that, also hope they carry regular sized squirt bottles cause I don't want to spend $5 on just one.

supercharged
05-25-2008, 03:26 AM
I will do that, also hope they carry regular sized squirt bottles cause I don't want to spend $5 on just one.
2 oz spray bottles Scott was talking about are sold in WalMart in travel section, 50 cents each...

jesselyons2002
05-25-2008, 11:21 AM
This might sound stupid. But has anyone use KAIO as car soap ???

ScottB
05-25-2008, 11:34 AM

I did a couple years back when someone was doing so with great results. No bubbles to carry away dirt, not very slick or lubricated feeling, and left a horrible residue in the bucket. I would think it does the same to paint and never went back !

Werkstatt is a new offering from Carlack and original designers of Klasse. They offer a soap if your looking for something within the line. I have found Klasse nearly bulletproof when used together (aio/sg) and any soap works well. Needs a little gloss booster after drying to look great, but thats easily done with any number of products like Optimum QD and Gloss Enhancer.

mtech8
05-25-2008, 03:48 PM
Hi. New to this forum. Really glad I visted. Didn't realize that SG should be sprayed instead of applied directly to a pad.

Can someone clarify for me the following?

I'm planning on using Klasse AIO, then followed by Klasse SG (all by hand w/o a PC).

The AIO should be applied via an applicator (any suggestions?). Is there a particular motion (horizontal/vertical/circular)? I should not let it dry and simply wipe it off with a MF towel immediately.

Then with the SG application, I should use a spray bottle.
Should I (1) spray fine mist directly on the car, then use an applicator to spread it and then wipe it off with MF or (2) spray fine mist on applicator, apply it with the applicator on the car and finally wipe off with MF. Also any recommendation on pads for SG? Same type for AIO or a different type (orange, white, red, etc).

Thanxs for the help!

ScottB
05-25-2008, 06:28 PM
1. Always try straight lines versus circles, any sand or contaminent blown on paint could swirl if caught in/on pad while circling the wax.

2. A small travel size spray bottle, relatively fine spritz. I do it directly on the paint and then buff with a towel. You could use an applicator but over application is messy and a bear to remove.

m4gician
05-25-2008, 10:52 PM

...uh... that's really expensive car soap don't you think? I mean technically, it will strip the car's wax off, clean the paint and use itself as protection but I mean you're stretching it a little....

...on a side note, it's an EXCELLENT jewelery polished! My gold ring shines really well with it.